Any BitTorrent programs with passwords?

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 06:05 pm
I use a shared computer so I'd like to keep what I download to myself Embarrassed and avoid getting in serious parent trouble.
I normally use Bitlord but I downloaded Azureus as I read it can be password-protected to keep it from prying eyes.
But I can't find out how to create a password for Azureus anywhere!!!
Is it all a myth? Is there a plug-in? Or is there another BitTorrent program out there that will let me keep it private with a password?

Much obliged, cheers!! Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 705 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 12:46 am
How to protect Azureus using a password

(1) click on tools
(2) click on options
(3) click on interface
(4) type password twice in spaces provided
(5) click on 'save' button
(6) If passwords match, 'Password Activated' will change from No to Yes. The password will be requested when starting, quitting, or restoring the client from the system tray.

If you are using XP you should have your own user account, which you can password protect, then you can hide all of your activities, not just p2p. Better still, get a summer job & buy your own PC. Maybe out of used parts. Beg borrow or steal a motherboard, case, cpu, memory, hdd old crt monitor etc and build a system.
0 Replies

Giggleheimer

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 05:22 am
I feel like a complete idiot Embarrassed , how did I miss that!?!?
AND I've now set it up in my own user account for ultimate privacy!

Cheers, out of all the forums I've asked this question in, you're the only person who knew EXACTLY what I was talking about.

Thanks Very Happy
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 05:26 am
Quote:
out of all the forums I've asked this question in, you're the only person who knew EXACTLY what I was talking about.

Ahem... I expect we do the same sort of things... :wink:

If you are downloading stuff that would make Mom blush like that emoticon, then binary newsgroups are much better than Bit Torrent anyway, if your ISP provides a Usenet server that is.

If you make yourself familiar with an archiving program such as WinRAR or WinZip you can store a file or files or complete folder inside "archives" as they are called, which can be password protected so that only you can open them or see a list of files.

If the computer has a cd or dvd burner, you can burn the files you don't want anybody else to see or know about, and then delete them from the hard drive. Get one of those disk marker pens and write "Boring Computer Stuff" on them, and then your little brother won't think of examining them... Use RW disks and then you have erase and disk re-use options. As before, if the files on the burned disk are password protected, encrypted WinRAR archives, then only you will be able to open them.
0 Replies