Top 10 pick-up lines?

Reyn

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:09 pm
I would find it hard to believe that anyone would fall for this tripe.

Top 10 pick-up lines? Don't get too excited.

LONDON (Reuters) - Was your father a thief? Because he stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes.

Equipped with that pick-up line, you can be certain to score in the universal language of love. So say the authors of a new top 10 list of pick-up lines which have been translated from English into Czech, French, Italian, Spanish and German by the publishers Chambers.

Taking inspiration from its new range of pocket-sized phrasebooks, Chambers compiled its own list of the definitive top 10 pick-up lines.

The UK publisher picked the lines from the assorted phrase books and compiled their own light-hearted list, to assist vacationers heading out to European destinations this summer.

Anna Stevenson, from Chambers Harrap, said "The French and Italians are especially renowned for their romantic ways but it seems that chat-up lines are the same no matter what language you are speaking."

"Our chat-up lines show budding English- speaking Romeos how to impress the girl of their dreams whatever country she is from, but it also allows British women to wise up to the charms and cheeky ways of foreign suitors," said Stevenson.

If their top-rated suggestion does not have the desired effect, then try in one of six languages to say: "Didn't it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

Or maybe: "You must be tired because you've been running through my mind all day."

Scraping in at Number 10 in the romance parade comes "The only things your eyes haven't told me is your name."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,751 • Replies: 35
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:16 pm
Hey, why not? I know a guy who's idea of picking up a girl is to wait until she's too drunk to know better then try to sleep with her. No pickup lines involved, just creepy, restraining-order-or-jail-time type of behavior.
Note that I didn't call this guy a friend.

I have to admit, I am curious to see this list that will get me worldwide action.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 04:28 pm
you and I must have been separated at birth Reyn.

Those are the stupidest lines I have ever heard....I don't think I could control my face if someone really said that crap to me....and it wouldn't be laughing, it would be more like this.....

http://www.gothmafia.com/images/misc/vanity/vanity_2001/20010828_spiky_sneer.jpg

It wouldn't even really be directed at the person, just the idiocy of what they just said.

So, what were the other top 10 weiners?

What's your sign?

stop.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 04:45 pm
DAmn, I lost the keys to my Ferrari, well Ill ju7st call home and have Ralston bring the Rolls.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 05:19 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
you and I must have been separated at birth Reyn.

Those are the stupidest lines I have ever heard....I don't think I could control my face if someone really said that crap to me....and it wouldn't be laughing, it would be more like this.....

http://www.gothmafia.com/images/misc/vanity/vanity_2001/20010828_spiky_sneer.jpg

It wouldn't even really be directed at the person, just the idiocy of what they just said.

So, what were the other top 10 weiners?

What's your sign?

stop.

hehe, Well, I do occasionally break into a Texan-like drawl....or is that drool? No matter, can't remember.

You know, if you don't snatch that photo as one terrific avatar, i just might! Laughing

Isn't the idea of a "pick-up line" passe anyways? We are in the 2000+ era, etc, and so much more sopisticated, right?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 05:20 pm
farmerman wrote:
DAmn, I lost the keys to my Ferrari, well Ill ju7st call home and have Ralston bring the Rolls.

Naw, fancy cars don't impress me....teehee.

I've got a hot Toyota Echo hatchback that's a real babe magnate. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 05:35 pm
I couldn't help but notice you and I just have to tell you I'd like you to sit on my face and feed me Hershey's Kisses from your ass......

that one is a sure winner at wedding receptions and debutante balls....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 05:47 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
that one is a sure winner at wedding receptions and debutante balls....

A man that speaks from experience. Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 06:11 pm
Your parents must be retarded.....because you're special.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 06:15 pm
number 1 pickup line for women to use.

YOU,.. PANTS,.. OFF,... NOW!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 06:34 pm
Pick me up a six pack while you're at it.
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 09:43 pm
Pick up line that I've heard working a few times:

Guy walks up to the girl- 'I exist'.

:wink:
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 10:05 pm
If you and I were squirrels, I'd store my nuts in your hole.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 10:06 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Pick me up a six pack while you're at it..

Women, who needs 'em when you've got a 6-pack of nukes to play with, eh, Edgar?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 05:03 am
nice hair reyn.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 08:52 am
Hey, nice tooth. (Don't use this one outside of Arkansas)

Get in the truck. (Might work in Oklahoma)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 09:01 am
One really shouldn't need anything more complicated than, "How's it going?" As far as I've seen, that works as well as any other and better than most.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 09:05 am
If I could rearrange the alphabet, "I" would be next to "U".
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 10:09 am
Any lady who gets stroppy with farmerman's line is best left well alone.

I don't do lines. I prefer vibes. But I'm rather dishy and have dreamy poetic eyes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 10:10 am
Part of the problem is that we pride ourselves on being a rough & tumble, up-front, super-sincere society.

Women are more likely to trade the dozens than flowery compliments.

Also missing from the survey results are the replies of the European women to the European smarm. The replies can be salty or submissive or simply sassy.

I'd rather start a conversation with flowery nothings than be expected to discourse--again--on the characteristics of seasonable weather.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Top 10 pick-up lines?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 03:19:59