SOMETHING IN THE AIR?

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:36 am
It's late Sunday afternoon, and I'm wired! There's no other word for it, really.
A weird weekend altogether, starting on Friday when I spent the evening and most of the night, worrying about a mate of mine.
Saturday saw me staring into space, miles away, even though I knew there was no longer anything to worry about.
So....this morning, I thought I'd get into some serious energy release, and have so far:

Washed the car, the dog and would have washed the cat if I could have found her.

Went out for a run on my usual three mile circuit.....and ended up doing it twice! (admittedly, I had to slow to a walk for a fair bit of the second circuit)....half of it in the pouring rain. Got home drenched, covered in mud and twigs..... as did the dog, so she got another wash ( I don't think she likes me today).

This afternoon I "borrowed" my son's new weights and worked up another lather.

I then decided to mow the lawn, as the sun had been out for quite a while.
This developed into a complete clean up of the garden, and a thorough sweeping of the driveway.

I am now quite physically knackered, so am currently sorting out about 3000 tracks (again) to go onto my shiny new computer, as the old one exploded a few weeks ago, taking my music with it. (thank god, I had backed up most of it on discs).

The trouble is, I still feel this sense of unease. The sort of feeling when you realise you've had three cups of coffee too many.

All I want to be doing on a Sunday afternoon is reading the papers, walk the dog and attempt to watch the motor racing on TV, knowing full well that I will fall asleep on lap 3, and wake up watching a James Bond movie.

Does anyone else have days like this, when you're wired for no reason?

If so, why ?

Right, I'll be back soon....I've just got to paint the outside of the house....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,317 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:50 am
I'm going to take a nap.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:01 am
I was thinkin about doin' some fishin.

But now ........ after reading your post, I'm tired, so I'm gonna follow Joe and go take a nap too.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:05 am
While you're napping, can I clean your windows?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:13 am
While I was making that last post, there was a terrific gust of wind that slammed the french doors, making me jump. I looked out to see one of my garden chairs coming to land on the lawn. My hazel tree is being blown about like crazy, and my nuts have dropped off.

Is it the end of the world?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:13 am
A natural born Border Collie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:19 am
are you having some kind of sirocco?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:23 am
sirocco.? No, I had roast lamb today.

Why, does eating sirocco make one hyper?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:23 am
Better ask Quinn before you do fishin', Brooke. Razz

Yes, L.E. I'm having one of those days as we write. I noticed that you Brits are NOT going to change the name of Penny Lane.

Joe, just got up from a brief nap.

er, Rog. Why border collie? Those dogs is pretty. Are you calling L.E. pretty or useful. <smile>
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:28 am
Penny Lane should stay as Penny Lane, Letty.

Nobody associates it with the past, and before this thing was raised, I would imagine that no more than a few learned historians were even aware.

Let it be......IMO.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:29 am
I am here to inform you that you're not alone, Lord. I get like that once in awhile, especially around the full moon.

With menopause creeping up and all my hormones doing crazy dances, I think I may be doomed.

The moon is almost full and I've been feeling a bit fruity lately myself, so I'm thinking that may be the cause of your crazy spell.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:30 am
Sorry to hear that you're wired as well, Miss L.

I'm coming down slowly though. I'm now uploading loads of Bob Marley, and am starting to feel a bit more laid back, man.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:31 am
Montana wrote:
I am here to inform you that you're not alone, Lord. I get like that once in awhile, especially around the full moon.

With menopause creeping up and all my hormones doing crazy dances, I think I may be doomed.

The moon is almost full and I've been feeling a bit fruity lately myself, so I'm thinking that may be the cause of your crazy spell.

You mean I'm having a fruity menopause?

Sounds like fun....I'd better go and get some nectarines.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:34 am
Quote:
we become edgy, restless and more likely to be pessimistic even depressed when strong storms or fronts approach with overcast skies, precipitation, low and/or falling pressures, high humidity, and strong, gusty winds.

winds and fruity perimenopause

it's hell

*** crazy winds***
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:49 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Montana wrote:

You mean I'm having a fruity menopause?

Sounds like fun....I'd better go and get some nectarines.

I actually had my fruity full moon spells long before the menopause bandid decided to join in on the fun, so now it's just double the fun ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:51 am
Cool link, Beth :-D
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 11:00 am
You didn't mention it, LE, but did you probaly watch the film at 10:35 on BBC1 and THEN all that started?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 11:12 am
What film was that, Walter?

I'm feeling so wired now thaticantevenbebotheredtowastetimeputtinghthespacesin.

I'd better make the effort though, I suppose. I also feel like waffling...for instance, did you know that the blue whale's testicles are the size of an average family saloon car?

I think that's a load of b*llocks, myself, but there you go...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 11:18 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 11:21 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
What film was that, Walter?

The Parole Officer :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » SOMETHING IN THE AIR?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:36:04