How does banning from a web work?

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 07:35 am
Im playing many onlone games and i have been banned from a couple of forums. It isn't because of the account as i can log on to it at the library. Can someone please explain how this banning system works?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 567 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 10:10 am
They ban your IP address. People usually log in from a specific location and that address can be easily read -- and banned -- by a server.
0 Replies

shadow131

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 07:41 pm
Re
can i somehow changed my ip or sever?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 08:05 pm
Re: Re
shadow131 wrote:
can i somehow changed my ip or sever?

Yes - well enough to work, anyhow.

Why were you banned?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 09:00 pm
I think you would have to change internet providers.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 07:41 pm
most ISP's work on a dynamic IP scheme. unless you are in a dorm at a college, then you most likely will have a static ip. but if you are using a cable modem or DSL modem, you could try to turn it off for a few minutes. it will be assigned a new IP after restart. however, there is the possibility that it will be assigned the same IP. if that is the case, call your provider and ask for a new ip address.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:18 pm
As an administrator on several internet forums I can tell you that there are usually very good reasons for banning people.
Instead of changing your ISP or learning everything there is to know about IP hacking I suggest you write to the administrators of the forum and politely and respectfully apologise for what got you banned.
Then leave.
If they invite you back then all is well and good. Just remember you can be banned again just as easily so toe the line this time.
If not then take your punishment and regard it as a saultory lesson.
0 Replies