SCAMS~ R~ US

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 01:46 pm
Are ya'll ready for this one?

For the last couple of weeks I have been pondering the "work from home" jobs. Yeah...reality is, that 99% of them are scams. I know this, my gut tells me this, but my head isn't listening.

I'm not looking to get rich, ...just give me a minumum wage paycheck once a week...to get to have some fun on. Is that too much to ask for?

Well...let me introduce you to the newest scam to me. (drum roll please)

As ashamed as I am to admit it, I fell for it, hook, line and sinker. (I thought I was smarter than this, obviously not!)

Quote:
We have several openings available in the area earning $300-$500 per week. We are seeking only honest, self-motivated people with a desire to work in the home typing field. You can work from home, full time or part time. The preferred applicants should be at least 18 years old with Internet access.

NO experience is needed. Training is provided. However, the following skills are desirable:
-Basic computer and typing skills
-Ability to spell and print neatly
-Ability to following instructions

Requirements:
-Computer with internet access
-Valid email address
-Good typing skills
-Basic internet knowledge

If you fit the above description and meet the requirements please apply at: [email protected]
This home-based position is a great opportunity for stay at home moms,
dads, or anyone who wants to work in the comfort of their own home.
There are no calling strangers or taking surveys or anything like that.

Ok, I emailed her...talked with her...told her that 99% of homebased work was scams. She reassured me that it wasn't. So..I submitted my little 15.00 payment, (it was cheap) to recieve my "Training manual"..and guess what I got?

REALLY WANT TO KNOW?

The same freakin' thing I posted up there, except this had a little more information on it.

Basically what I would be doing is placing free ads in local newspapers advertising "Clerical Positions NEEDED", once they apply, I then send them an email with a little more information. They send me the 15.00 bucks and BOOM, I send them the same freakin' manual that she sent me, the only thing I have to do is replace her email addie with mine.

Can we SAY.........FRAUD? Can we say...DUMBASS? LOL

I sent little MISS Money Bags an email back asking her if she knew what the FTC Was? LOL Along with their headlines today. And give her till this evening to send me my stinkin' 15.00 bucks back!

~~It never ceases to amaze me at the depths I will stoop to, thus trying to avoid the reality of the situation~~ In order for me to make money.... I will have to do things the old fashion way. Get up off my ass and go find a real JOB!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 589 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 01:54 pm
You have fallen victim to as "old as the hills" pyramid scheme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

Be happy that you lost only 15 bucks, and consider it payment for a lesson learned.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 02:04 pm
yeah, if you notice in their ad, they never say they are looking to hire you themselves.

That is an oldie but a goody.

I lived for several years in S. Fla.....there are so many scam artists there if you shake a palm tree 4 or 5 of them will fall out.
Plus, I grew up in New Jersey, and, not for nothin', that means you have two sets of skeptical genes.

Anyone have any good scam stories?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 02:38 pm
GIRL!! Shocked
We told you last week that those work-from-home things were scams. I remember the thread and didn't chime in cause I thought you were straight about it!
Thank goodness it was only 15 bucks. Many, many years ago, I got took for 27.95.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 02:48 pm
Quote:
GIRL!!
We told you last week that those work-from-home things were scams. I remember the thread and didn't chime in cause I thought you were straight about it!
Thank goodness it was only 15 bucks. Many, many years ago, I got took for 27.95.

Awwww GAaaaaWD, I KnooooooooWWWW!!
lol

Someone mentioned "something" in another post...lol, soooooo...nosy ass me had to go and look. WELL,.......tadaaa.....$15.00 later, I'm feeling like an IDIOT!

I mean... $15.00 bucks...lol, just $15.00 dollars....lol Even when she made mention of it covering her cost...I questioned that, sense everything was being sent via email, but with talking to her beforehand...I felt a little less skeptical then usual.

Should've listened to my gut....

ROTF.........LESSON LEARNED!
0 Replies