Will a WMD Be Used in a City in the Forseeable Future?

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:46 am
Quote:
Indictment: Suspects wanted to 'kill all the devils we can'
U.S.: 'Homegrown terrorists' eyed Sears Tower
Friday, June 23, 2006; Posted: 1:14 p.m. EDT (17:14 GMT)

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A federal indictment against seven men revealed Friday details of what the government said was a terrorists' plan to "kill all the devils we can," including blowing up Chicago's Sears Tower.

But the federal grand jury indictment also painted a picture of a group that had no weapons or other supplies for their alleged "jihad," that was intended to be "as good or greater than 9/11."

Narseal Batiste, considered the recruiter of the group, according to the document, tried to reach out to al Qaeda by contacting someone who was an FBI operative posing as a member of the terrorist network.

Source

The suspects in the above incident seem pretty incompetent, but the article brought to mind the following question. Do you or do you not believe that someone will use a nuclear or biological weapon in a major western city within the next 50 years (other than in a war between that country and another)? Please state the reasons for your opinions. I'm looking for a sort of theoretical, analytical discussion of this question. I would be very grateful if the discussion could stay on topic.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 407 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:58 am
You remember perhaps the 1995 poison gas attack in Tokyo ...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:59 am
Oops, sorry, you excluded that part of the world.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 12:06 pm
I suppose you think we are prophets.

My answer is;

yes

no

No matter what happens I'm right. I will be a good conservative and ignore the fact that I was also wrong.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 12:06 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Oops, sorry, you excluded that part of the world.

Yes. Also, although I appreciate your contribution, I was limiting the discussion to nuclear and biological weapons.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Will a WMD Be Used in a City in the Forseeable Future?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:25:35