Talk about your brush with famous people

eoe

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:17 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Probably the most "touching" brush I've had with a movie star was with--what's his name?--the serious looking blond guy who played in a TV war series and was actually killed while carrying an asian boy (an extra) by a falling heliocopter in the filming of an episode of his series. He was a regular in a pool hall, in North Hollywood, that I attended a couple of times.

Vic Morrow, wasn't it?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:58 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Dys let me lick his Porsche.

JLNobody wrote:
Dys let me lick his Porsche.

He let you lick it twice? Now that's bragging! Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 01:03 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I've met Frank Apisa, he even let me kick him in the head.

Bite me!

Oh...and how come Buckminster Fuller has not made an appearance in this thread?????
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 01:08 pm
Bucky wasn't famous when I knew him.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 02:59 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Bucky wasn't famous when I knew him.

Neither was I...but you mentioned me.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 03:34 pm
eoe wrote:
JLNobody wrote:
Probably the most "touching" brush I've had with a movie star was with--what's his name?--the serious looking blond guy who played in a TV war series and was actually killed while carrying an asian boy (an extra) by a falling heliocopter in the filming of an episode of his series. He was a regular in a pool hall, in North Hollywood, that I attended a couple of times.

Vic Morrow, wasn't it?

Vic Morrow got killed while filming the Twilight Zone movie.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 04:56 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I rode into New York on the train this week...and my seating companion was Senator Frank Lautenburg.

Great guy...gutsy!

We had a long talk about all sorts of things...and I reminded him of an incident that happened about 10 - 12 years ago.

I was at a Democratic Party function (I was a Dem at the time)...and saw him standing alone...so I went over and asked him to autograph my dinner menu. I had a pen I offered him...and while signing, he mentioned that the pen (one of those felt tipped jobs) was excellent for signing autographs. He asked my name...addressed the autograph to me...and joked about us both being Franks.

About 20 minutes later...while I am at a table with all the bigwigs from my hometown (Mayor, Freeholders, State assemblyman, council members)...over walks Frank Lautenburg...puts a hand on my shoulder and says, "Hey Frank...lemme borrow your pen, will ya."

Well...the rest of the table who had gotten silent at the senator's approach...damn near shyt.

I gave him the pen....and in an expansive mood, said, "Keep it."

The senator, being a pragmatic guy, was taking the train from Newark to the Big Apple so as to avoid getting stuck in traffic. Traffic in our area is hell in late afternoon. And it gave me a chance to speak with him...and post here in this thread.

For some reason encounters with politicians has the same brush with fame quality as with the "stars."

When I was working in a library in Rhode Island Patrick Kennedy strolled in just before closing time. When we were definitely closed, no one had seen him leave the building. I found him on the level where the pay phones were. He was just putting some coins into the phone and I interupted him. He whirled around and gave me this up and down as if I were wearing a gold lamay gown and just offered to give him a blow-job. All I did was tell him we were closed. Oh, that Kennedy charm.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 07:53 pm
Yes, Vic Morrow. Thanks.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Yes, Vic Morrow. Thanks.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Yes, Vic Morrow. Thanks.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Yes, Vic Morrow. Thanks.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 07:26 am
You're welcome.
You're welcome.
You're welcome.
You're welcome.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 01:09:10