Man Sues Psychic For Bad 'Bad Karma' Fix

Reyn

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 03:49 pm
There's a sucker born every minute. Rolling Eyes

Man Sues Psychic For Bad 'Bad Karma' Fix

(AP) BOULDER, Colo. A Montana man who gave a woman $170,000 as he tried to rid himself of "bad karma" that the psychic said was ruining his love life filed a lawsuit to get his money back.

It wasn't clear whether Timothy John Strating, whose hometown was not immediately available, claims the services from Natalie Roberts, previously from Longmont, were unsatisfactory.

Instead the lawsuit filed in Boulder District Court last week claims that Roberts told Strating she needed thousands in cash and merchandise to help him, and that she promised not to spend it.

In one instance Roberts asked Strating to give her $22,000 to "raise his energy level," while another time she asked for $30,000 because his daughter had been "contaminated" with his bad karma, the lawsuit claims. She also persuaded Strating to purchase $1,000 gift cards and told him to keep the receipts with him, again to "boost his energy."

Strating's attorneys declined to comment, but on Monday said Roberts had not been served with the suit.

The lawsuit claims Roberts also told Strating that his time was out of balance and the only cure was to purchase a $5,000 watch, which she told him she would hold in trust for him.

An 800 number listed for Roberts' on her business Web site was inoperable.

Adam Marks, who bought a business from Roberts two years ago, said the two ended up dating for more than a year. He said Roberts now lives in Santa Cruz, Calif.

"I don't believe there to be anything criminal," Marks said. "Unless it's against the law for a girl to break a guy's heart."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 340 • Replies: 5
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:19 am
Give me $170,000, I'll raise your energy level at least twice as high as this fraud. You won't feel it, but you'll see immediate results. I guarantee it.

[size=7]Guarantee or claim is not valid.[/size]
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:51 am
Will you take a cheque?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:54 am
Sure. My name is Cash. American dollars only, please.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:57 am
No Canadian funds, huh?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:59 am
I'll tell you what; if the American government lets me dictate my own currency conversion rates, you can send payment in whatever form you like. I'm assuming they'll say "NO", sooooo . . . no.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Man Sues Psychic For Bad 'Bad Karma' Fix
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:16:32