Fish 'n' chips - the secret of long life?

Reyn

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:15 am
What this article doesn't make clear is that this lady sells fish and chips in her little shop. Methinks she's drumming up a bit of extra business here? Laughing

Fish 'n' chips - the secret of long life?

A woman of 98 who's been frying fish and chips for 80 years says her longevity is down to never eating anything else.

Constance Brown, who has just been award the MBE, told the Daily Mirror. "That's all I eat. I don't eat any vegetables at all.

"So I'm living proof you can eat nothing but fish and chips and still be healthy."

Constance - always Connie to customers - still opens up Brown's Cafe in Pembroke, West Wales at 11.30am every day.

She says she was surprised and honoured to hear she's to receive Royal recognition for services to business and the community.

"I don't think I deserve the MBE - it's the public who seem to think I do," says Connie, who kept the shop open during the war years by cooking up corned beef rissoles to defy rationing.

"I'm really surprised, but proud, that everyone seems to have that affection for me. It's an award for my customers and I would like to thank them all. I was shocked really because I didn't know anything about it."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 302 • Replies: 2
No top replies

material girl

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 10:02 am
How much does she weigh?

Arnt potatos vegetables?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:31 pm
Good news all around - fish'n'chips aren't bad for you and pizza'n'beer are good for you..... aaahhh... Oh, and chpocolate too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fish 'n' chips - the secret of long life?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 07:39:27