Angry Neighbors Battle It Out With Signs

DrewDad

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 11:40 am
It's not unusual for folks who have antisocial tendencies to end up as firefighters, cops, EMTs, etc.

They love the adrenaline rush.

It's a socially-acceptable way to indulge their "habit."

More power to 'em.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 11:44 am
Well, I wish that guy all the best luck in putting out fires, and hope he's done starting them.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 01:48 pm
DrewDad wrote:
It's not unusual for folks who have antisocial tendencies to end up as firefighters, cops, EMTs, etc.

They love the adrenaline rush.

It's a socially-acceptable way to indulge their "habit."

More power to 'em.

Yeah, the guy across the street from me is a firefighter....boy, what a winner he is Rolling Eyes

What a redneck.

Back in 1991, when my EX-husband and I were standing on the front lawn of the house we ended up buy...First time there, just looking at it, waiting for the real estate guy...

"red" wanders over, introduces himself and procedes to do the "I'm king of this block so you better impress me thing." I guess we didn't pass muster, because after a few minutes he said..."Well, life isn't for everyone on Hether St." and swaggered back over to his side of the street.

We just kinda stood there a second, and Ex said...."Do you feel like we're in the Twilight Zone or something?"

I replied.....maybe that guy's not real....Life's not for everyone on Hether St you know.

Ex said, "yeah, what if we buy this house and start to talk to the other neighbors about Red across the street, and they say.....Red? Why, Red died right on your front lawn, oh, maybe 10 years ago....."

Ex and I only lived in the house 6 months, then we moved....eventually divorced and my new husband and myself moved back....Red knew I was the same, but this was a new man.

However, this didn't stop him from figuring this new husband had put the little lady in her place, and came over once to talk with my husband about property taxes since he was the homeowner.

"uh, no red, we haven't changed any paperwork yet, this house is 100% mine.....So, did you have any questions?"

He would go on and on about how he was never gonna get married, didn't need no woman telling him what to do....

Then, he got one of those dumb women pregnant....The kid's about 8 now. Funny, he married a French woman, and about a month ago I asked the son if he every visited France....He said that yes, he's been a couple times with his mom, "but everyone talks in french to me, so I don't understand"

God, I mean, he marries a french woman, then doesn't give his son the opportunity to learn the language....duhhhh....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 02:38 pm
Wear'd U'd say U wuz lil lady? lol

Men like that make my ass wanna draw up and take a dip of snuff...lol
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 02:57 pm
Oh, he's all right, he's just, you know, there.

I'm warming up to tell y'all a real gud'n when I'm home.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:20 pm
LOL@Chai...

Hey Farmerman...that crazy cousin of my husbands did get some of what he deserved. He ended up spending 9 months in prison. Not long enough in my opinion, but it did seem to change him for the better, so far.

LOL, I have another one...lol I had forgotten about this crazy lady...she drove me crazy as hell.

We lived about 8 miles from here, lovely cedar cabin, about 5 acres. Well..we had our dogs out on one corner of the acreage, in the shady part....and we had them all on their own runners, each had a barrell, water bucket and feed pan. (out of view of the road)

Everyday after work,we made our way out to the side yard to feed and water the dogs. We were in the habit of running our dogs every weekend, and sometimes they'd come up missing for a day or two, that was expected out of a few of them. No biggie, we'd find them..bring them home and feed them. All was well.

So..this neighbor lady got curious about our dogs, and come over to introduce herself to us. Had to know each one of their names, what kind they were? Asked about the runners they were on...What we fed them? I'm talking "Hunting Dogs 101" here. Then she asked about their weight? I just looked at her like she was crazy, and had to have her explain herself. She explained to me that they weren't FAT. (ok....lol, sure) I explained to her that you didn't want your RUNNING DOGS fat...healthy yes, TOWN DOG FAT... NO...that we fed them a good diet( We fed Black Diamond at the time) , and they were run every weekend, that sometimes we'd get one back that looked like he'd had the "hair run off of him", but that was a hunting dog for ya.

ROTF...Well, it wasn't long, on my way home every now and then, I'd catch her walking down the road...out of my drive way or come home to find the water hose had been moved, and remnants of bread left in their pans...and the dogs had gotten to where they wouldn't eat the dog food we were giving them till later on, or the next morning. One day, I come home to find she had left a brillo pad in one of the water buckets! (she'd scrubbed them whistling clean) I asked my husband about it..we'd already began to suspect her....

THEN..I come home one day to catch her standing in my yard...with my dogs...feeding them the bread...like that we'd been finding! Come to find out she was going to the bread store to buy stale bread to feed our dogs...because she thought they weren't healthy, and they weren't FAT enough to suit her! (BIOTCH!)

To say the least, that wasn't a "healthy" relationship when I got done eating her ass out, told her in no uncertain terms that my husband and I knew exactly what we were doing raising those dogs..and didn't need her help, nor did we ask for it!!!

The audacity of some people! Clean your own doorstep before you clean mine!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:21 pm
LOL...my stories involve dogs...lol

I got some real doozies from my childhood...pertaining to dogs..LOL
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:23 pm
Un-freaking-real, shiver. Some people are just mind-boggling, and that neighbor of your is certainly one of them.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:38 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
I suppose I could share this . . .
When I was a kid....

Art,

That's a great story. It's a good thing you were able to get out of the house without injury, or worse.

That was an incredibly stupid thing those kids did.

Were there any further incidents are this?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:40 pm
nimh wrote:
Nothing to tell, really ... sad cases all. I do want to emphasize that my fortunate transformation into "Three Jag Nimh" has no relation whatsoever with their tragic disappearance, regardless what the timeline might suggest.

I take it then that the mysteries where never solved or the ladies found?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:46 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Yeah, the guy across the street from me is a firefighter....boy, what a winner he is Rolling Eyes

What a redneck. ....

Chai, I think we all probably know someone like that.

I've got my share of weird neighbors here, too. One of which was the lady who washes her car in the rain with the yellow raincoat, shorts, and topped off with a plastic bonnet. Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:05 pm
Aurthur, You know, when I was a kid, we had some boys that lived across the road from us like that. They were forever doing something to cause problems. Its a good thing you head the commotion outside...!

One day, we all went out to catch the bus for school, and when he topped the hill to their house, those boys were standing on the roof of the house mooning the school bus! LOL

Umm, no...we didn't pick them up.....

Quote:
Un-freaking-real, shiver. Some people are just mind-boggling, and that neighbor of your is certainly one of them.

Yeah, I should've mentioned that while dog lover was over at our house tending to our dogs, her husband was over at the neighbors tending to her "CAT"....nosy heifer!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 06:58 am
Reyn, not a whole lot more happened, other than things continuing as they were. They continued to listen to our cordless phone conversations and calling us afterwards, and we got rid of our pool not long after for a number of reasons, not the least of which was them swimming in it. In spite of it all, my parents were concerned they may get trapped under the solar cover and drown. We moved away a few years later.
Shiver, those kids sound like they may be related to my former neighbors. Rolling Eyes Some people.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 07:31 am
Not only do you learn to despise kids like that, but you wonder what kinda mushrooms the parents were smoking when they conceived them.

I detest kids like that TSA......in order to keep them safe from harm, your parents had to go to the length of removing the pool? Thats just not right!!!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 07:39 am
They decided that simply moving the solar cover was good enough to provide them with access for swimming. My parents were afraid they may get caught under the cover or tangled in it, so we decided to do something about it. Since we didn't use the pool very much anyway, and my mother wanted a garden, we got rid of the pool. I hated to see it go, but it was for the greater good.
Ah, well. What can you do.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:13:55