Help Me On My Music Quest :P

DickDan

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:18 pm
Does anyone know of any bands/songs that have heavey rock with some classical stuff in the background of the song? i really enjoy that type of music and thought i'd ask if you guys/girls knew any bands that do that type of **** :wink:

Your new friend, Dick
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 853 • Replies: 9
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:45 am
Welcome to A2K Dick

Can you name a couple of tracks you like so we can get a feel for where your tastes lean?

My thinking cap is on.
0 Replies

DickDan

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:57 am
Heres A Few

Mein Herz brennt - Rammstein
Mutter - Rammstein

P.S Can I Post Links To Download (Like Rapidshare Links etc.) Or It Is Against The Rules?

Confused
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:27 pm
Beats me - I think as long as your not selling something you can link to most anything. Rammstein hey? So the classical you want in the background is Wagnerian rather than baroque.

How about Nine Inch Nails or Stabbing Westward for starters? Will think on it some more.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 08:22 pm
Under P...
Procol Harum and the Edmonton Symphony from way back in the day.
0 Replies

DickDan

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 06:43 am
Thanx Duuuuuuuuuuuudes
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 08:43 pm
Marycat reminded me of www.pandora.com on another thread.

It will build a profile of your tastes and make recommendations for you - it's the music genome project. Give it a burl (www.amazon.com will also show you what other CDs people bought when you find a CD - and even www.allmusic.com will name similar artists in a genre).

Let us know how you go - Rammstein really have a sound of their own - and they do really wild videos as well - like 1930s soviet work posters (musically and visually) had a couple of big indie hits in Oz around 1999/2000.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 08:48 pm
Weird, but Eisbrecher by Eisbrecher, has come up a couple of times in different places. I will have a listen.
0 Replies

DickDan

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:12 am
hingehead wrote:
Marycat reminded me of www.pandora.com on another thread.

It will build a profile of your tastes and make recommendations for you - it's the music genome project. Give it a burl (www.amazon.com will also show you what other CDs people bought when you find a CD - and even www.allmusic.com will name similar artists in a genre).

Let us know how you go - Rammstein really have a sound of their own - and they do really wild videos as well - like 1930s soviet work posters (musically and visually) had a couple of big indie hits in Oz around 1999/2000.

omfg u rule, thanx for that link
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:18 am
DICKDAN! it's NICK! lol
0 Replies