Highlights: Fun With A Purpose

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:18 am
Quote:
Highlights for Children celebrates the printing of the one-billionth copy of Highlights magazine in June 2006, and the company's 60th anniversary of providing children with products that underscore the company's basic philosophy:

Highlights for Children is dedicated to helping children grow in basic skills and knowledge, in creativeness, in ability to think and reason, in sensitivity to others, in high ideals and worthy ways of living - for children are the world's most important people.

Mo received a supscription to Highlights for his birthday last year. He is still not too into it but every month I enjoy reading it. Highlights is the ultimate nostalgia trip.

I still like the hidden picture puzzle the best and I still think Goofus is cuter than Gallant.

Chances are that you read Highlights as you waited in the dentist office too. What were your favorite parts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,730 • Replies: 5
No top replies

rickj

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:22 am
Indeed, a wonderful magazine...headquartered just 10 minutes from my home.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:26 am
I bought a subscription to Highlights for my granddaughter, when she was little. Every year I resubscribed, until she was too old for the magazine.

They still send me advertisements and offers to buy the magazine. Vanessa will be 22 this September! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:30 am
Hi rickj and welcome to A2K!

It IS a good magazine. I love the fact that they have no advertising and that they have no product/toy/cartoon/movie tie ins. It seems to be the only children's anything that doesn't assault you with "stuff".

Ha! Phoenix! Perhaps they are hoping you will have some great-grandchildren soon. Still, you'd think after 15 years or so they might give up.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:33 am
That is a nostalgia trip!

We get "Ladybug," another great magazine in that vein (also ad-free).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 10:07 am
The highlight of my dentist visit! I didn't think it could be read any where else but at the dentist office.
0 Replies