Men, Clothes, relationships.

DrewDad

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:40 am
T-shirts and jeans... And shorts. T is always after me to buy new stuff, but I just say, "See? Just a coupla holes, nobody will notice."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:40 am
She's also after me to clean my ears. I mean, how effete is that?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:55 am
Quote:
T-shirts and jeans... And shorts. T is always after me to buy new stuff, but I just say, "See? Just a coupla holes, nobody will notice."

You sound like my husband Drewdad...lol, he's shorts poor, picked up a pair of jean shorts, poked his finger through a hole on the backside and asked me.."Do ya think anyone will notice, naaaa." I just grinned and said the same thing.., "Naaaaaa."
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:24 am
Since I love everything about Dys, I would never want to change him, but he has never really been good to himself as far as clothes are concerned. He has a style all his own, a sort of unconscious style that looks very good, but it is limited. I haven't changed his style, but I have added quality to it and he does appreciate good quality.

And now I have to go dream about Lordie in his Union Jack silk thongs.

Thud.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:29 am
Diane wrote:
Since I love everything about Dys, I would never want to change him, but he has never really been good to himself as far as clothes are concerned. He has a style all his own, a sort of unconscious style that looks very good, but it is limited. I haven't changed his style, but I have added quality to it and he does appreciate good quality.

And now I have to go dream about Lordie in his Union Jack silk thongs.

Thud.

Remember... * marks the spot....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:51 am
My husband has entirely too many clothes, but that's in spite of me. He won't throw anything out, no matter how worn it gets. I have to wait until he leaves on a business trip to sneak stuff out of his closet.

The good part of this is...he still has his brown leather fringe jacket from the late '60s and a really good Irish fisherman sweater.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:53 am
I have too many clothes too <sigh>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 01:06 pm
Change a mans clothes every now and then, and the world is fine.
:-)

( sounds like you have a full afternoon ahead Diane... Wink )
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 01:16 pm
G, I've read your posts on your wardrobe throughout the years and one of the things on my list of a2k get togethers is to see you in all your glory. What would be perfect would be to go to your apartment where you would show us your closet and then model for us. That would be something to remember--forget the Tower of London--Gautam's closet is the place to go.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 01:17 pm
I now own a shirt (from Orvis) that cost (on sale) over $110. Should I wear it?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:14 pm
Yes, Dys. Wear the shirt and enjoy it.

Diane, put me down for that tour. I'd love to see G's closet, too. Even if he isn't in it any more. (Guess he had to fill it up with something!)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:45 pm
I rarely buy myself any clothes, and my wife doesn't spend much on them either.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:55 pm
I have a feeling I'd pull a Daisy Buchanan if I ventured into Sparky's closet...

I advise my husband on clothes but ultimately it's up to him. For example, if I see something on sale I might buy it and then he has power of veto (keep or return). His best friend came for a visit a bit ago and took him shopping and did a GREAT job, especially in getting him (E.G.) to finally get some decent shoes. He (best friend) managed to make E.G. buy THREE pairs of shoes! This is unheard of. Makes such a huge difference to have an outfit finished off with cool leather shoes instead of beat-up old nasty running shoes, even if it's the same outfit.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 05:09 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I now own a shirt (from Orvis) that cost (on sale) over $110. Should I wear it?

Of course you should.

Buying something you don't wear is like shooting animals you do not eat.

The more expensive the item of clothing, the closer buying and not wearing gets to hunting whales or chimps and other glamorous, intelligent megafauna.

You be stacking up rotten karma for every day that shirt is in your closet unworn.

This is a moral issue, goddammit!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:06 pm
I like clothes, I like buying clothes, I just dont have the money (to buy the clothes I'd want to buy, others arent worth it)

So I end up with too few.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:09 pm
Don't wear it and eat barbque..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:40 pm
I buy my husband's clothes. It works. He doesn't care how he dresses and I do. He put up a brief fight in the very beginning until the compliments started coming. Now he doesn't fight too much. He's casual so there's jeans and khakis and sweats mostly, sweaters and corduroys in colder weather, but he's also got a few suits and sportscoats. There have been a few times that I"ve bought him some things and ended up wearing them myself. Shirts. A beautiful olive suede and a mustard yellow corduroy come to mind immediately. Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 10:42 pm
Soz and eoe, I agree that the person receivng clothing should aways have the power of veto. Dys has a style all his own that I love. He also doesn't tend to spend on himself, especially if he might consider it frivolous--except for vests--he has a couple of really great looking vests.

I really loved seeing his eyes light up at the sight of shirts he would never have dreamed of getting for himself. I purposely bought expensive shirts just to see what he liked and how well they would wear. That way, we will both know if certain labels are better for him. We never go anywhere formal, but he sometimes enjoys getting a little dressed up for special events. I don't think he has any idea of how striking he looks.

Those old blue-eyed cowboys are irresistable. :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 08:59 am
Hazel-eyed craftsmen/computer nerds are too. Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 08:34:08