LOTTERY SCAMMERS PARTED OVER £1BILLION from the vulnerable!

Badboy

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 07:31 am
Letters saying you have won money when you haven't entered a lottery.

One grandmother has actually died from the shock of realizing she has been conned.

IF YOU GET ONE OF THESE LETTERS, BIN THEM![/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,210 • Replies: 14
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 07:35 am
Gee, you mean I actually have to enter a lottery in order to win?

Who'd of thought?

I suppose next you're going to tell me I won't be getting 17 billion dollars from the daughter of the ex-dictator of Nigeria too? Even after I gave her all my bank account information?
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 07:51 am
EXACTLY,WHAT I AM SAYING,YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING YOUR MILLION FROM THE EX-NIGERIAN DAUGHTER,THAT A 419 SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 07:54 am
Jeez, no need to shout.

Next, you'll probably tell me that I don't have much chance of winning the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes either. Even after I bought subscriptions to 50 different magazines.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 07:56 am
Or that Chase bank didn't actually notice any "unusual" activity on my card's account that can only be cleared up by entering all my personal information, including any and all bank account numbers, on a webpage.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 07:57 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Jeez, no need to shout.

Next, you'll probably tell me that I don't have much chance of winning the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes either. Even after I bought subscriptions to 50 different magazines.

Yeah, but look at the great stuff that were able to read!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 08:06 am
Well, to be honest, I don't actually ever open the Redbook, Playgirl or Women's Day ones.

Okay, I looked once. Just to see what I might be missing. And to take some test about my sex life.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 08:19 am
I looked at the DATA-WALES site and it seems some scammers are using Barclays,COCA-COLA,AMTRACK AND BRITISH AMERICAN drand names to promote their scams
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 09:26 am
Paypal's a favorite too. I usually get at least 1-2 emails a month from some joker claiming they "accidentally" wired some ridiculous sum into my Paypal account and could I please send it back? Yeah, right!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 09:30 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Paypal's a favorite too. I usually get at least 1-2 emails a month from some joker claiming they "accidentally" wired some ridiculous sum into my Paypal account and could I please send it back? Yeah, right!

Wow. That's a new one to me. I've recieved the classic "unusual third party activity, comprimised account, will terminate unless you fill out form" mail, but not one like that.
It's still laughably easy to spot as a fake, but I gotta give them credit for trying a new angle.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 09:33 am
The last one wanted 5 grand from me. Please!!!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 09:35 am
Out of curiosity, how does one "accidently" wire $5000 into someone else's PayPal account? And for that matter, how would you even know who's account you wired into?
I hereby invite whoever is sending these emails to join in this discussion and answer these and other exciting questions.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 06:58 am
I wonder if those firms realize that fraudsters are using their comany names.

BMW AND CAMELOT AS WELL
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 07:18 am
They sure do. Their websites address these problems, and provide addresses to forward the fraudulent emails to, or a phone number to call and report it. Some will even provide samples of these phishing emails so you have an idea of what it may look like. And most sites will explain what they will and will not ever ask of you in an email, in case a new format shows up that their site's Q&A doesn't address.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 07:38 am
I wonder if Scamarama.com is still out there scamming the scammers. I remember this one 419 where the scamarama guys had the original scammer pose with a bunch of rather lewd sayings on placards (just to show great honor) . Then they put the entire sequence on their website , which thus proved that the scammers are quite gullible too.

I got an e-mail from one of our banks a few years ago. It was very official looking and was purportedly an effort by the bank to "catch fraud that is ongoing in wire depositing. " All our banks cover their asses by telling us that they never initiate any e-mail activity on account matters.
0 Replies