Woman Cited for Exposing Herself in Store

Reyn

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 03:38 pm
Isn't it nice that we can get together like this on a Sunday and just have a nice chat? Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 03:48 pm
Yes indeedy....

I was just advising a 14 year old girl how to decorate her room, then realized it was a resurrected thread from months ago....

she's probably pregnant by now.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 03:51 pm
Francis wrote:
I'll expand on this topic tomorrow (nearly bedtime).

In the mean time, see if this is arousal to self: nude

Oh c'mon Francis, dont act obtuse. Individual exposing him/herself in shop/on street/on the bus, vs. pre-arranged artist's project where large group of people gathers nude in performance act. Obviously Not The Same Kind Of Thing. You know that.

I'm pretty confident that someone exposing him/herself in a shop would be 'tapped on the shoulder' in any locality, Europe or America.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 03:52 pm
Hey Reyn and NickFun!

You wanna come over and watch Wizard of Oz and listen to Dark Side of the Moon at the same time...

it's supposed to be really FREAKY man!

I've got popcorn and root beer....
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:08 pm
Outside of certain overtly unhealthy conditions, I am fine with all nudity at al times, and I for one would not have laws against it. To arguie that nudity and morality have pragmatic congruence does not hold much weight for me against this type of personal freedom.

Who is it hurting and how is it hurting them in a real world pragmatic fashion?
What if exposing one's feet is considered taboo?
What if exposing one's face is considered taboo?
What gives one person or group of people in a public place the power to dictate what to wear or not wear?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:09 pm
Sounds like a plan Chai Tea. I suggest we also smoke some herb to truly relish the experience. Especially the part where Dorothy passes out in that field of poppies. Whoa!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:10 pm
Oh no I can't spell check my post now, NickFun it's all your fault.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:12 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
she's probably pregnant by now.

Ah, another cynic just like me.....teehee! Welcome to the group.

Chai Tea wrote:
I've got popcorn and root beer....

Ah, burp, I think I'll pass on that, but thanks for the invite. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 05:21 pm
Nimh and Chumly, y'all can come too!

Didn't see ya there for a minute.

Thanks NIMH, I'm just a stifled repressed leave my socks on when I shower person. Now I'm going to go put clothes on the Jezzy and Roland because everyones coming over.....

Then, they'll expose themselves to you.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 06:40 am
nimh wrote:
[Oh c'mon Francis, dont act obtuse.

That's a nice way of engaging a dialog, making such "acute" comments... Cool

If I may, I can remind you that there's a thread specially designed to discharge your frustation,"What made you grimace and grit your teeth today?" Twisted Evil

If you are attributing me ulterior motives, you should forget it right now, as the only foundation for such is your own agenda.

What you deduced from my comments has nothing to do with reality.

That said...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 06:56 am
Francis wrote:
nimh wrote:
[Oh c'mon Francis, dont act obtuse.

That's a nice way of engaging a dialog, making such "acute" comments... Cool

If I may, I can remind you that there's a thread specially designed to discharge your frustation,"What made you grimace and grit your teeth today?" Twisted Evil

If you are attributing me ulterior motives, you should forget it right now, as the only foundation for such is your own agenda.

That said...

Actually, the word obtuse came to mind for me also when I read your post. You obviously understand the difference between the 2 different scenerios. As Nimh said, regardless of the area of North America or Europe you live in, there are common unacceptable forms of nudity in public, like in this original case.

Actually, those picture you presented, which I'm sure everyone has seen before, are quite boring to look at. The woman in question was being offensive, and you certainly realize that.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:29 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Actually, those picture you presented, which I'm sure everyone has seen before, are quite boring to look at. The woman in question was being offensive, and you certainly realize that

Francis wrote:
That said...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:12 am
So.....what reality are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying at all....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:41 pm
Ohkay...

When people post news of someone exposing herself in a shop, you post that, you know, it all depends on "local context" ... when people ask what local context that might be, you post a link to an art project ... when people point out that any comparison between the two is just being obtuse, you huff about them being rude because that wasnt what you were saying at all ... while still not saying what it was you were saying then.

Interesting tack. One that strikes me as ruder than some straight-up "c'mon man stop being obtuse", but thats probably a cultural thing, plus I have a thing about passive agressive stuff.

Perhaps next time just make your point so people do know what you're saying?

And no, I was feeling fine when I was posting that, no gritting of teeth that hour there (nor now). And I didnt have "my own agenda" either (not a clue what that would be?). Just frowning at someone acting obtuse for whatever reason. <shrugs>

Full disclosure: Fersure I have a pic or two made in sexy misbehaviour of a lover with less on than you'd think in a public space ... its all about getting away with it ... but then again, if someone had caught us out and tapped us on our shoulder, well, what do you expect, only normal.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 03:37 pm
nimh wrote:
When people post news of someone exposing herself in a shop, you post that, you know, it all depends on "local context" ... when people ask what local context that might be, you post a link to an art project ... when people point out that any comparison between the two is just being obtuse, you huff about them being rude because that wasnt what you were saying at all ... while still not saying what it was you were saying then.

I certainly agree with that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:07 pm
At the risk of making someone fell "ganged up" on, I'm SO glad you two gentleman made those points....I really thought it was just me.

Regional context, local reality....art pictures as opposed to perverts shakin' their pecker at you....

Just spit it out man!

I can be discreet as hell when the situation calls for it, but many times, I'm just left scratching my head thinking "what in the world is THAT supposed to mean"

Like being enigmatic and throwing some of "clues" around is supposed to be all witty and smart.

wow, I'm so charmed.

I'm not gritting my teeth either by the way.

Gotta go exercise, see ya in a bit.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:09 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Gotta go exercise, see ya in a bit.

If you're invisible, why do you need to excercise?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:12 pm
Yeah! I mean, how narcissistic is that!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:26 pm
Butting in here..
There are a lot of possible exposure situations -
when I read Reyn's introductory post on this thread, I immediately thought of the screamer. This was an obviously severely mentally ill woman who used to lie on the bus stop bench just outside our architecture studio ground floor window screaming incessantly until police or paramedics arrived. Along with the screaming, she pulled up her tee shirt and exposed massive breasts. She was clearly dealing with scary personal demons. She would be back again in a couple of weeks...

I don't know enough about flashers to know how psychiatrists and psychologists consider their behaviorial situation. My impression is that it is a different process going on there than with our bus bench screamer and the woman in Reyn's thread story. Streakers, strippers, nude performance art, whatever.. no problemo, a different matter again, to me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:32 pm
Eva wrote:
Yeah! I mean, how narcissistic is that!

Oh man, I gave up on the looks part of it long ago.

I do it to keep the 'ol ticker tickin' as long as I can.

I decided long ago I'm going to live to at least 100.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 05:32:27