Actress Living in Cubicle

Reyn

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 09:08 am
Actress Living in Cubicle

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - June 6, 2006 - A 24-year-old University of Kentucky theater graduate is putting her life on display by living in a cubicle downtown for a week.

On Monday, actress Lauren Argo smiled and waved at passers-by, including some who did double takes, pointed, gawked and even took pictures.
The 8-by-5-foot enclosure is at the trendy Proof On Main restaurant near a popular museum district. Three sides of the cubicle are enclosed, but the other side is a window that looks out on a busy street.

Onlookers can watch Argo eat cereal, brush her teeth, put on makeup, exercise, rehearse for a play and decorate a curtain that will give her brief moments of privacy to change clothes. She showers and uses the bathroom at 21C, a new hotel featuring contemporary art and the Proof on Main restaurant.

Argo's every movement is on display for restaurant patrons watching a television and for a global audience viewing on the Web.

Argo, the daughter of a central Kentucky tobacco farmer, acknowledged the project is "very strange" for the area and said she enjoyed watching reactions.

"I feel like I'm helping Kentucky progress artistically in the sense that anything is possible and art really has many strange forms," she said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 230 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:15 pm
I had a girlfriend who didn't like shades in her bedroom window. Technically she did the same thing but for 5 years! Howerver, she was only visible to the old man across the street with the binoculars.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 06:28 pm
Are you sure this isn't a story about an actress in New York?

Laughing I still got it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 06:38 pm
I guess this is a new idea for Kentucky...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 08:34 pm
It's the new reality TV.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Actress Living in Cubicle
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 05:34:23