Malaysia to Test Designer Urinals

Reyn

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:26 pm
Malaysia to Test Designer Urinals

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Malaysia's largest city is planning to add a whimsical touch when its revamps its notoriously nasty public urinals.

According to a report in the New Straits Times, some of the possible urinal designs include ones in the shape of musical instruments and others with an open mouth replete with painted red lips and a pink tongue. Another design features a clown's mouth.

The Housing and Local Government Ministry has been crusading for months against smelly, dirty communal restrooms, urging Malaysians to keep public toilets clean.

Tourists and locals are often disgusted by the state of Malaysia's public bathrooms which often lack toilet paper, soap and sometimes even toilet seats.

A National Toilet Summit is planned for August at which Malaysians will be taught toilet etiquette and how to establish a clean toilet culture.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 337 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:11 am
You'd think they'd spend a little money on paper, rather than the "designer" look of the urinal itself. Amazing that adults have to be taught what to do.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:15 am
Re: Malaysia to Test Designer Urinals
Reyn wrote:
with an open mouth replete with painted red lips and a pink tongue.

So, they've upgraded from dirty bathrooms to faux water sports? Good for them.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:23 am
I doubt this will eliminate the problem. And if you think otherwise, urine for a rude awakening!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 05:08 pm
"...Amazing that adults have to be taught what to do..."

???
i'm certainly not amazed at all .
i think that often adults have more to learn about life than children and teenagers ! (i'm thinking particularly about rude and bad drivers - they are usually adults who should know better ).
hbg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 11:24 am
Well, I mean wiping up, flushing, I mean, sheesh, this should be down pat by the time you're 4.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Malaysia to Test Designer Urinals
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 08:16:59