Man Commits Suicide By Entering Lion Cell In Zoo

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:05 am
Whatever happened to just taking an over-dose of something? This is the kind of idiot that would do the same by deliberately walking in front of a car.

Man Commits Suicide By Entering Lion Cell In Zoo

KIEV, June 5 -- A man mauled by a lioness in Kiev Zoo Sunday was attempting to commit suicide, the zoo director said Monday, citing investigation results.

Yevheniy Kirilyuk said the 45-year-old Ukrainian of Azerbaijani origin, who descended into the lions' enclosure on a rope and died when a lioness attacked, biting his throat, had been seen near the enclosure with four lions earlier. He said the man had asked attendants questions about lions' habits.

Ukraine's Interior Ministry said earlier Monday that he had died instantly.

Before his death, the man appeared to say a prayer, entered the zoo's Beast Island surrounded by a deep moat, tied a rope to the lion's enclosure, and descended.

The victim ignored visitors' warnings and approached the lions, swinging his arms before being attacked.

"We therefore have grounds to assert that these were premeditated actions with the aim of committing suicide," the director said.

Kiev Zoo, one of the largest in the former Soviet Union, is home to more than 2,000 animals from around the world, and receives around 280,000 visitors every year.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 848 • Replies: 9
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:58 pm
It's a Christian thing.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:08 pm
I guess when he wanted to know about their habits, he wasn't lion.

The zoo isn't worried about litigation by his surviving heirs, though, as I understand they're covered by an accidental death claws.

Had he lived, he would undoubtedly have been arrested and charged with commission of a feline-y.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:09 pm
The idiot claimed God would protect him, so he went in to prove that.

Got exactly what his stupidity earned him.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:10 pm
Fang and fortune?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:13 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Fang and fortune?

Nah. He missed that by a whisker.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:43 pm
Laughing Love 'em, guys!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:50 pm
We take pride in our work.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:53 pm
But mane-ly we appreciate the roar of your accolades...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 04:06 pm
I heard that when the ambulance rolled up, the driver got out and looked at the guy and wanted to know why he was just lion around. I guess the situation looked pretty tame to him.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Man Commits Suicide By Entering Lion Cell In Zoo
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:17:48