Fill up with news at Gas Station TV

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:24 am
Have we become a society of "multi-taskers"? What ever happened to just concentrating on what you're doing? When we drive, we must be doing something else, like using a phone, etc.

So how many gas tanks do you think will accidently overflow due to watching TV while pumping? Seems like a potential disaster waiting to happen.

Fill up with news at Gas Station TV

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Motorists cringing at the cost of fuel can now at least fill up on current news and information while tethered to the pump.

Internet-enabled Gas Station TV formally launched its digital television network Monday featuring ABC programming and original content including local news, sports, weather and traffic. The network will air constantly updated content to refueling motorists on 20-inch high-definition LCD monitors embedded in gas dispensers.

GSTV already has conducted a test pilot in Dallas and expects to reach 100 locations of the Wal-Mart-based retail gasoline chain Murphy USA by September and 400 stations in the top 10 U.S. markets by next year.

"We're very focused on creating an enjoyable and informative experience for the average of four minutes the user spends at the pump with content that has a sense of purpose and that can help them," GSTV CEO David Leider said, describing the venture as based on an advertising revenue model.

Current content includes "News You Can Use" segments from ABC's "Good Morning America" along with news, weather forecasts and traffic updates from ABC-owned stations as well as promotional material. Rotating ads from such retail brands as Pepsi, Frito-Lay and US Tobacco are woven into the segments and geared toward driving the consumer back into the convenience store.

GSTV president Adam Bleibtreu said future collaborations with other content providers are imminent.

"We view this as a great distribution platform to provide the appropriate mix of content," Bleibtreu said. "This is a truly captive audience that we have -- those stuck at the pump -- and this is a great opportunity to engage them."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 587 • Replies: 15
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:28 am
Anything to distract us from rising fuel prices, I guess.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:43 am
Catch some bad news on TV.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:46 am
I can't wait for internet access to appear at the pump. Check your email while you fill up.
So, does this mean that we'll start to see people hanging around the pumps at gas stations just to watch free TV?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:50 am
Laughing Probably the stuff on there won't be worth watching. I suspect they'll be ads to sell more crap. With pumps around here, they already have scrolling ads advertising stuff you can get in the convenience store.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:54 am
You say that as though some people won't watch that stuff. Just because it's not worth watching doesn't mean people won't watch it. It's TV. You turn one on, and some people instantly turn into zombies. I'm afraid this will give certain people an excuse for leaving their children unattended in their car while they are inside talking to friends or whatnot. "But my child was watching TV while I was in there. I figured he/she would be okay."
Or maybe I'm just down on this whole idea.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:09 am
Naw, it's just dumb. I suppose you're right. Some will watch anything.

Could they at least put on some of those funny cartoons we used to watch as kids? You know, the old ones where they had decent animation, like Woody Woodpecker and Tom and Jerry, etc. :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:10 am
So Reyn - who were those two females you posted a picture of, recently?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:11 am
Only Mr. Google knows for sure.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:16 am
Reyn wrote:
Naw, it's just dumb. I suppose you're right. Some will watch anything.

Could they at least put on some of those funny cartoons we used to watch as kids? You know, the old ones where they had decent animation, like Woody Woodpecker and Tom and Jerry, etc. :wink:

That would make me hang around and watch. Especially if they showed the old Loony Tunes and Merry Melodies cartoons. They would get so much money out of me overfilling by not paying attention to the pump.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:30 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Either that or "The 3 Stooges".....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:36 am
http://www.movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/comedy/three_stooges/curly_president.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 10:01 am
So, Reyn - who were those two ladies you posted a picture of a couple days back?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:38 pm
snood wrote:
So, Reyn - who were those two ladies you posted a picture of a couple days back?

my answer is here
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:24 pm
snood wrote:

They were some chicks who hung out at the 26 January 2002 edition of the Eklektic club night at The Cat Club, San Francisco, when DJ's Elektra, Seraphim, Roxanne were playing.

(I am the Google King)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:31 am
OK thanks. I just hate a mystery, that's all.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fill up with news at Gas Station TV
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:33:23