Is A2K Losing Some of its Luster?

Chai

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:26 am
nimh wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
nimh wrote:
(What I also dont like is these people who've kinda, over years of posting on board type things, developed this fictitious type of made-up colloquial English thats nothing like anyone actually speaks..)

I'm not sure what you mean there nimh, can you give an example? Not of the person, but the type of writing?

Heh - I was, of course, referring to myself, to this language I tend to use in chatty threads, like I did again in that same post (combining "be battlin' with "no, sirree"..)

but that IS how I talk!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:26 am
Francis wrote:
So why not to play a dirty game, bashing the newbies, just to give back A2K it's ancient luster :wink:

Deb, no need to fight back, bashers are barking the wrong tree...

Is that French for ringbark?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:33 am
snood wrote:
Lash wrote:
"shrill and paranoid..." = blaming newbies...and, saying the site is going to ****.

I don't want to be classified as someone who said or thought that. Your comment and indirect reference to me was misleading.

How the hell does someone as lowdown as you take offense so easily?

That explosive anger problem along with alcohol, for people like you with no impulse control, usually translates to violence for wives and girlfriends. I think it's lowdown for a drunk man to beat up wives and girlfriends. I'm not as concerned about my desire to clear up misleading comments.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:37 am
Deb, I sometimes do not perceive the underlying play on words..

So you choose:

Ringback
or
Ringbark

Or you tell me..
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:38 am
sozobe wrote:

Thanks for that Soz. I'll make a note to check that forum more often.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:09 am
Francis wrote:
Deb, I sometimes do not perceive the underlying play on words..

So you choose:

Ringback
or
Ringbark

Or you tell me..

Lol! Sorry Francis...neither!

You said bark up the wrong tree.....I pretended to think you might mean ringbark the wrong tree.

Ringbarking is a means of killing a tree....you cut a ring into the bark for the whole circumference of the tree, and as long as you cut the layer which is conveying water up the length of the tree, you will kill it.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:12 am
Why neither? You just took the third option :wink:

But indeed felt the play on words...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:13 am
Chai Tea wrote:
but that IS how I talk!

Cool. I sound like Chai Tea! Razz
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:22 am
dlowan wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I love this place. What's the problem?

Problem? The problem is the **** polar bears keep falling over and showing their naughty bits, dammit!

a little polar bear envy eh? sigh.... so common... there can be only one....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:24 am
You're welcome, Reyn!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:37 am
Well, if thats a male polar bear in your avvie, BVT, I hope you're better hung than him..
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:43 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
...There are very few relative newbies on this thread. It would be interesting to know how THEY are perceiving this site, as someone who never knew what was.

I don't think you'll get any response, Phoenix. The last 10 pages or so have devolved to the personal byplay of the regulars. It's kinda like watching a well-scripted and well-written comedy skit. It's fun, but you can't expect the audience to break into it.

Phoenix32890 wrote:
As for me, in the interim, I had joined a couple of other sites that were more narrowly focused. One...often was so puerile...I tired of it very quickly.

The other...I soon tired of the Johnny-one-note aspect of it...

Exactly my experiences too, and why, despite all I've already said, I enjoy A2K and plan to stick around.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:43 am
nimh wrote:
Well, if thats a male polar bear in your avvie, BVT, I hope you're better hung than him..

It IS the North Pole and mighty cold... even a polar bear can be subject to shrinkage...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:45 am
Quote:
It IS the North Pole and mighty cold... even a polar bear can be subject to shrinkage...

BVT- Poor baby...I feel for ya! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:49 am
Tico wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
...There are very few relative newbies on this thread. It would be interesting to know how THEY are perceiving this site, as someone who never knew what was.

I don't think you'll get any response, Phoenix. The last 10 pages or so have devolved to the personal byplay of the regulars. It's kinda like watching a well-scripted and well-written comedy skit. It's fun, but you can't expect the audience to break into it.

Phoenix32890 wrote:
As for me, in the interim, I had joined a couple of other sites that were more narrowly focused. One...often was so puerile...I tired of it very quickly.

The other...I soon tired of the Johnny-one-note aspect of it...

Exactly my experiences too, and why, despite all I've already said, I enjoy A2K and plan to stick around.

So. If I happen to be in the middle of a "heated debate" {that's what we're calling it today}, and wanted to go to the bathroom, and I said: "Take it, Tico!!" would you step in for a few rounds?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:59 am
And take the incoming you get?? Dont you have any pity for the guy?? Razz
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:05 am
I get incoming? Shocked

Tico-- Come in and headline this fabulous event.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:16 am
.... uh, fabulous offer that it is, fabulous I say, I'm afraid that I must decline. I really don't want to be anywhere near the event in your bathroom, Lash! Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:18 am
I'm feeling very sad because Tico hasn't acknowled my post to him....

I think he's part of some clique and thinks he's too good for me. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:21 am
Isn't Tico a woman?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 12:23:18