Dancer Sues Billy Joel Musical Over Breast Size

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 11:05 am
Damn, $100 million is a lot of money for hurt feelings!

Dancer Sues Billy Joel Musical Over Breast Size
Woman Claims She Was Forced Out, Demands $100 Million

(CBS) CORAL GABLES, Fla. A dancer and actress who was part of a touring company of Billy Joel's hit musical Movin' Out says she was moved out of a job, for having breasts which were too large. She has sued the production company for $100 million, and says she has not been in touch with Joel about the lawsuit.

The lawsuit filed by dancer Alice Alyce was announced in Coral Gables Tuesday, WFOR-TV correspondent Nefertiti Jaquez reports.

Attorney Larry Klayman said "In fact, we tried to settle this case, but when we couldn't settle it, we had to being suit."

"I'm here to tell you a bout a very sad situation," Alyce said. "There is a real problem in Billy Joel's hit show."

Klyman says the owners and managers of the hit musical inflicted "intentional emotional distress" on the 29 year old dancer, who claims in the lawsuit that she was repeatedly humiliated and intimidated in front of other cast members by the show's stage manager.

"The production stage manager took women out of shows and harassed them for their voluptuous nature, and punished them in retaliation," says Alyce. She also claims show employees spread rumors, and said that she was faking a toe injury she says she sustained during a performance last September.

Alyce says she had requested a leave of absence from the show because of that injury.

Even though the ballerina is suing for $100 million, she claims the lawsuit is not about the cash. She claims she is simply seeking justice, and addresses that concern directly to superstar Billy Joel.

"I just want to make things right. I don't know if Billy Joel knows, but as an entertainer, and the father of a daughter, you'd think he'd understand," says Alyce. "I do hope he calls me."

Joel is not named in the lawsuit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 283 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 01:25 pm
Re: Dancer Sues Billy Joel Musical Over Breast Size
Of course it's not about the money! She doesn't expect a hundred million! I'm sure she's thinking "I'll settle for $50 million.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 02:39 pm
Damn, $50 million is a lot of money for hurt feelings!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:01 pm
But the point is...It's not as much as a hundred million!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dancer Sues Billy Joel Musical Over Breast Size
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:20:15