I love the Goodwill

Gala

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 04:04 pm
Oh, flea markets are a whole other enchilada. And yard sales too. Definitely both fall into the category of improving the quality of life.

It's so true what Sozobe said about getting something of great high quality for a fraction of the cost and being able to wear the items carefree.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:01 am
timberlandko wrote:
Now, flea markets, garage, yard, and tag sales, auctions ... those get me every time - just gotta stop and check 'em out. Sometimes nothing comes of it, sometimes I wind up going home and getting the trailer ... and sometimes that turns into loading it up, dragging it home, unloading it, and hauling it back for more Rolling Eyes Laughing

Come to Boston, and I'll have my mother come up, too, as she loves this stuff, and we'll go hunting in the Gloucester area. My Dad and RP and Mrs. Timber can do something else - movie, maybe? Mom still has a lovely mirror, I think it's bronze, very filigree-ish. She also has the bottom of an old sewing machine table.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:10 am
There's a place called Plato's Closet (chain) that sells trendy (mostly teenybopper) clothes that are gently used. They are more expensive than say a SA or a GoodWill but all the clothes are clean, they are well organized and generally in better shape than most the stuff you'd find at SA or GW.

I love going there for jeans because you can get brand name, brand new (tags still on in some cases) pairs for $20 or less. Abercrombie, Gap, Express, Silvertab.... I also shop for tanks there because they carry all the cute Limited, Express and Gap tank tops I love. All the stuff is "in style", meaning it is in the stores or was just recently in the stores.

They also have higher end stuff like BeBe or Arden.

I do most of my clothes shopping there because its a new store all the time!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:35 am
jespah wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
Now, flea markets, garage, yard, and tag sales, auctions ... those get me every time - just gotta stop and check 'em out. Sometimes nothing comes of it, sometimes I wind up going home and getting the trailer ... and sometimes that turns into loading it up, dragging it home, unloading it, and hauling it back for more Rolling Eyes Laughing

Come to Boston ...

I appreciate the invitation, really, I do, but I prefer to go not much further east than about Soldiers Field Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:44 am
Soldiers Field Road is about three blocks from me. I'll meet you there.
0 Replies