I am a total frikken tool.

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 03:57 pm
Okay.....

I'll confess.....

Mr. B is in the hardwoods industry. They are having a customer appreciation day this month.

They wanted a "randy" T-Shirt to give out and appealed to my design skills and advertising acumen to come up with something.

I created an entirely sexist and nearly obscene design.

I was kind of joking but they all LOVE it.

I have warned them that not everyone (read: women) will think it's funny but they insist that their clients, including the women, will like it.

Ssssssshoot.

Somebody kill me already.

Have you ever sold out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,535 • Replies: 55
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:04 pm
hard wood, eh?

cool
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:26 pm
Yeah, hard wood.

<snork>

It is just way too easy to get nasty riffing on hardwood.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:29 pm
I'm just mad you didn't let all of your friends in on the fun ahead of time.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:00 pm
Are we really going to let Boom get away with not telling us what the shirt says?!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:09 pm
I can't post the shirt here! I would be nabbed by the moderators. Plus, I don't think I should advertise Mr. B's company.

But the shirt says "Is that your hardwood or are you just happy to see me?"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:10 pm
sheesh

i thought you'd go more hardcore :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:24 pm
<tee> I think that's cute!

Seems well within the bounds of acceptable t-shirt humor to me, and I'm fussy about these things. I gave my last boss relentless crap for weeks when he started carrying shirts that I thought were sexist, and most people wouldn't have even batted an eye at them, so if even I think it's harmless, you know it's pretty mild... :wink:
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:37 pm
That's funny. How is that selling out?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:40 pm
I wonder what the shipping costs would be to get one of those to Canada?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 05:46 pm
Gala wrote:
That's funny. How is that selling out?

if you create/do/say something that is sorta kinda maybe even totally against the things you generally believe or or are offended by in some way, it's generally considered selling out.

At least that is what I've always thought.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 06:26 pm
Hmmm, Onyxelle, I think boomer's conflict might be that she might offend some people? Boomer?

Selling out, to me, is like Bob Dylan doing a Gap commercial. Or if I were say, an environmentalist who drove an SUV.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 06:27 pm
No wait, an environmentalist who drives an SUV isn't selling out, they're just phony.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 06:34 pm
Onyxelle is right.

I told Mr. B that if I saw the shirt that I would think "gross" and that I would seriously hesitate to do business with such a company.

Mr. B is a good guy. I mean, c'mon, he married me, after all. He is not a sexist by any stretch of the imagination. His business partners are..... how can I put this... a bit sophmoric?.... kind of frat housey?.... insane making?

Like I said - I did it as kind of a joke. After giving them all warnings I thought I would do something a little over the top. It has a very sexy cartoon graphic with a bubble speak tag line and identifying company/event information.

I do think it is a bit offensive and truly I would think twice about doing business with a company that created such a shirt.

I personally thinK:

A) It is kind of funny in an inside joke sort of way.

B) That it is offensive.

Honestly, I'm a little mad at myself.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 06:35 pm
Yep, yep, Gala -- I might offend someone. Someone like myself!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 06:44 pm
Oh my. I see. Well, if if it's any consolation, the words are funny. I like sophmoric humor sometimes, but I think that has something to do with having an older brother? I don't think I've ever met a guy who I connected with in someway who was not sophmoric, at least just a little. They simply cannot help themselves.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 07:30 pm
I want a picture of the design!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 07:57 pm
I'm involved i the production of hardwood in Aust. Boomer
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/online%20photos/decrespigny2.jpg

I'd love a look at your design. PM me

or you could post it here http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/

The boys would love it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 08:07 pm
Boomer sent me a PM. I think the joke is a funny one. I was a bit hmmmmm shocked (?) by the nakedness given the context of business. I find myself thinking, "maybe she could wear a little bit of something, an itty bitty skirt and tank? A bathingsuit?"
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 08:07 pm
Where can I order one?

I really do know what you mean. I have a t-shirt from my brother's company that says "shut up and give me free wireless, bitch". Some people think it's funny. Some people say "I can't believe they put their company name on that". I'm not really sure where I stand on that whole thing. But I where the shirt.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am a total frikken tool.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 07:24:42