Man Who Put Mouse in Burrito Sentenced

Reyn

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:59 pm
This seems to be becoming a very popular scam.

Man Who Put Mouse in Burrito Sentenced

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) - A man who stuffed a dead mouse into his Taco Bell burrito in a botched extortion attempt was sentenced Friday to 16 to 30 months in prison.

Ryan Daniel Goff, 20, pleaded guilty last month to a felony count of attempted false pretenses between $1,000 and $20,000.

Sheriff's investigators said Goff complained to a restaurant employee in January that his burrito tasted "funny."

Goff reported finding the mouse to the local health department and Taco Bell's regional manager. According to court records, he allegedly told the manager: "It won't be a good day if the media finds out about this."

But investigators said his girlfriend told them he purchased frozen mice from a pet store and put one of them in his burrito.

Goff's sentencing was just the latest in several recent cases of alleged extortion over body parts and dead animals in restaurant food.

In January, Anna Ayala, 40, was sentenced to nine years in prison for planting a severed human finger in a bowl of chili at a Wendy's restaurant in California in an extortion scheme. Her husband, Jaime Plascencia, 44, who obtained the finger from someone who lost it in an accident, was sentenced to more than 12 years in prison.

In April, Carla Patterson, 38, and her 22-year-old son, Ricky, were convicted of trying to extort money from the Cracker Barrel restaurant chain by claiming they found a dead mouse in a bowl of soup in Virginia. Both are awaiting sentencing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 369 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 11:26 am
You're right, this is a pretty standard scam.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 11:35 am
Damn, looks like I'll have to cancel my plan of getting money from McDonalds, by strategically placing a human head into a chicken salad.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 11:38 am
McDonalds has chicken salad?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 12:19 pm
dyslexia wrote:
McDonalds has chicken salad?

They beak-can serving chicken after "Supersize Me."
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:17 pm
You've got to play those things smart. If you want to do this, drop say a quarter on the sandwich, and then claim you almost choked to death on it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:18 pm
Or dip your penis in the scorching hot coffee. "Hey man, I burned my penis on that coffee!"
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:23 pm
I actually did spill hot MAcDonalds coffee in that area a while back... But I did so in clear view of everyone there, including the staff, and it was simply a case of me not being able to hold a cup of coffee properly, so... no luck. Damn. With a bit of luck, I could have been able to install one of them machines at home and enjoy spilling coffee in that area in the privacy of my home...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Man Who Put Mouse in Burrito Sentenced
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.17 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:32:02