Brothels Ask Exemption From Smoking Ban

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:34 pm
The Aussies are at it again!

Brothels Ask Exemption From Smoking Ban

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - Brothel owners in the southern state of Victoria have called for an exemption to a new ban on smoking in the workplace, saying customers like to light up after sex.

The Australian Adult Entertainment Industry has written to Victoria's health minister arguing that new laws banning smoking in bars and brothels could push prostitution back into the streets, according to a report in the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper.

"People smoke when they drink, and people smoke when they fornicate," association representative William Albon said. "These smoking laws are going to drive women back onto the streets courtesy of the health minister."

The association - which represents more than half of the 87 legal brothels operating in Victoria's capital city Melbourne - wants an exemption to the ban, which comes into effect in July 2007.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 277 • Replies: 5
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:36 pm
This story just burns me up.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:38 pm
Now, now, don't get hot under the collar.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:39 pm
I can't halp it. You really lit a fire under me!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:39 pm
Hey, they're just doing their best to keep the whorehouses healthy. Limit disease exposure to herpes and crabs...but no room for lung damage.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:53 pm
this reminded me of something, did clinton ever smoke that cigar? did he light it but didn't inhale? can you smoke in the white house?

(Set, if you're reading this, i'm doing my part to observe John's Law.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Brothels Ask Exemption From Smoking Ban
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 11:02:57