Man frees dog from gator's mouth

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:18 pm
What a moron! with all the stories in the news about alligator's, why didn't the idiot have his dog on a leash? Living in Florida and going near water this time of the year......duh!

Man frees dog from gator's mouth

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - A morning walk turned into a dangerous tango with an alligator for one dog owner.

Michael Rubin heard cries from his 6-month-old golden retriever, Jasmine, which had ran ahead to the edge of a pond near a construction site Monday, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

When he went to check on her, he saw the puppy's head inside an alligator's mouth. Rubin jumped in the water and started beating the gator with his fist.

The reptile - which Rubin estimated was about 7 feet long - refused to let go and started rolling in the water with Jasmine still in its mouth.

"I thought she was dead," he said. "But at that point I wasn't going to let him have my dog."

He eventually pried the dog loose and rushed her to an animal hospital, where she was treated for cuts and puncture wounds. The puppy is in good condition, Rubin said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 356 • Replies: 6
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:31 pm
So, he saved the dog from the gator's canines?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:42 pm
I think that the dog's owner is an idiot, on two counts.

He let the puppy go off by himself without a leash.

He got into a fight with a 'gator.

Doesn't this guy know that an alligator can move very swiftly, and could attack him? I am glad that the pup is safe, but I would hate to think what would have happened if the gator attacked the man? What a schmuck!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:43 pm
droll, blacksmithn. droll.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:45 pm
As I mentioned above, there have been numerous stories about gators in the news in Florida, especially if you go near water. I read that this is the most dangerous time of year, due to it being the mating season.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:48 pm
Thanks snood, I've got a million of 'em!

A story like this always gives me paws. Sounds to me like, between the gator and the clueless owner, this dog has had it ruff.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 02:51 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Man frees dog from gator's mouth
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:52:01