Referance books

violets

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 01:36 am
I want to read some books writtern in English to improve my English . How should I choose them ? Would you please offer some advice ? Thank you !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 731 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:32 pm
Referance books
Try choosing a book on some topic of interest to you. Don't go to "reference books" - these are dictionaries, grammars, eneyclopedias, and so on.

If you already have some field in which you are interested, you will find the going much easier.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:36 pm
Children's books can be an interesting introduction to new languages and new cultures.

Have you heard of Dr. Seuss?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:37 pm
I recommend "Through the Looking Glass" by Lewis Carroll. It's a work of nonfiction about the current American President.
0 Replies

violets

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:49 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Children's books can be an interesting introduction to new languages and new cultures.

Have you heard of Dr. Seuss?

But I haven't heard of him . Is he a famous writter ?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:52 pm
Violet--

Dr. Seuss is not only well-known, he is beloved. Many American schools celebrate Dr. Seuss Day.

Here is a website with more about Dr. Seuss.

http://www.kidsreads.com/features/010221-seuss/seuss-reviews.asp
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:54 pm
Re: Referance books
violets wrote:
I want to read some books writtern in English to improve my English . How should I choose them ? Would you please offer some advice ? Thank you !

Your best selections may be the New York Times review of Books ad several online sites like Amazon and Barnes and Nobel.
0 Replies