Advertising effective?

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 01:28 am
Is advertising really effective both for the companies and for the customers? should we insert large amounts of money in such matter?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 974 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:27 pm
American companies spend trillions of dollars every year on advertising because advertising sells their products.

Obviously advertising is beneficial for manufacturers. Educated consumers may find advertising to be helpful. Foolish consumers will find advertising to be one expensive lesson after another.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:28 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Educated consumers may find advertising to be helpful. Foolish consumers will find advertising to be one expensive lesson after another.

I don't think it's ever been said better.
0 Replies

WANGYINGYING

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:39 am
puzzled
Educated consumers may find advertising to be helpful. Foolish consumers will find advertising to be one expensive lesson after another.
do you mean that educated members would only find it a good way for them to get whatever they like, and for whether it worths or not, who cares? but the foolish ones will condemn a lot after buying it and find it not as well as it is advertised?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:47 pm
Quote:
do you mean that educated members would only find it a good way for them to get whatever they like, and for whether it worths or not, who cares? but the foolish ones will condemn a lot after buying it and find it not as well as it is advertised?

Advertisers are interested in selling their products. An educated consumer will listen to the advertising, but check out the worth of the product from other sources. If I were going to buy a new refrigerator, I'd talk to sales people, check the Consumer Reports magazine, ask my friends what they knew about refrigerators. Then I would make an informed decision about which refrigerator to buy.

Remember, here in the States we have hundreds of models of refrigerators.
0 Replies

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 08:43 pm
Testing
Before I spend one cent on advertising I always insure I have some means of working out it's effectiveness .. no matter whether it is internet based advertising or not ... Test and test ... or else you will waste money
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 03:29 pm
it depends
Who are your customers?
Do they like ads and what kind of ads they prefer? How large is your company?
Do you like the ad to cover a whole country or just a local one?

Some ads tell people there is a company doing such business.
Some ads sell products.

Sometimes PR does a better job than ad.
0 Replies