I'm in Georgia!

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:00 pm
Thats BEAUTIFUL LASH!!! AWwww......I wanna go with YOU..LOL

We've been stuck here in the hotel room most of the day...Mr.Shivers just got back a couple of hours ago, his nerves were shot...rotf

Mine are shot now..LOL

Seems we have a cookout this afternoon with the main people....in their home. Meetings of such, don't gather my nerves like this. But...lol, my youngest son is trying his hand at getting on my nerves today. Seems he's forgotten who the parent and who the child is...and I want him on his best behavior this afternoon. (I need a drink!) I'm just so afraid that he's going to try us...once we get there. (prayin' he doesn't)

99% of the time, we couldn't ask for better well behaved children. People brag on them all the time, but we have that 1% going on the past few days. I understand that they are out of their element, tired from travelling, and excited too..but geeesh!..cut me some slack here...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

>mumbles to self< it'll be alright, it'll be alright, it'll be alright....

Part of me feels like I'm out of my element...worried about what to wear...lol, worried about what they are like, and how I'm going to come off...lol

>mumbles to self< it'll be alright, it'll be alright, it'll be alright..lol
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:01 pm
Beautiful pics, Lash. I do hope a fall or spring wedding is planned though.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:28 pm
Nope.

btw--HI!!!! Missed you!!!

She wants to get married on Aug 4th. Of course, I'm penniless right now, and it will be the same week as my move--but

it's sort of beautiful this way. We have to really think and be creative to get it done.

These little churches are out in the middle of nowhere and likely free or close to it. A few ribbons and candles and flowers placed carefully will make it perfect. Friends and family can bring finger foods--and we'll spend all the money on a lovely couple of nights in a bed and breakfast for them. They want to go to the mountains.

I think it will be unforgettable.

Smile

She's my sweet baby.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:39 pm
MMS!!

Sorry. I got carried away.

Ideas: Try to relax--give hubby a back massage--have a drink or something to help you unwind.

I had Speech class recently, and I was horrified to stand in front of the class and speak. It's sort of like what you're doing today...putting yourself on display for approval.

So, I convinced myself I hated them--I was completely superior to them--and during my speech, I was trying to convince them that I accepted them. It really worked for me!!

Put the pressure on them (psychologically). Or, if you're not a complete social basketcase, like me, just be yourself!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS-- Note: If your child requires discipline (which may be as simple as interrupting the inappropriate behavior and redirecting), I (and likely others) appreciate the child being taken out of the social setting and spoken to patiently. There's nothing worse than a parent loudly proclaiming punishments that never occur, or actually spanking a child in public.

The behavior isn't the big thing to me--it's how the parents respond.

You likely knew that.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:57 pm
Mms--

I'm sure your son is just getting his devils out of the way so that at the Cookout and Microscopic Examination he'll behave like a Picture Book Child.

Besides, these people should know that Mr. Shivers comes with a family. They should already know that families are not necessarily 100% convenient.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:46 pm
Can't wait to hear how it went!! This is exciting!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:53 pm
Lash wrote:

PS-- Note: If your child requires discipline (which may be as simple as interrupting the inappropriate behavior and redirecting), I (and likely others) appreciate the child being taken out of the social setting and spoken to patiently. There's nothing worse than a parent loudly proclaiming punishments that never occur, or actually spanking a child in public.

The behavior isn't the big thing to me--it's how the parents respond.

You likely knew that.

Eww. This sounds horrible. I thought you were hoping for encouragement and may have mentioned concerns about your child's behavior for some kind of feedback. Still, it sounds horrible.

Please disregard it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 05:05 pm
MMS - sorry about the late response! I was in Athens, GA for 5 years. Didn't much like Atlanta.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:04 pm
Quote:
Quote:
Ideas: Try to relax--give hubby a back massage--have a drink or something to help you unwind.

I had Speech class recently, and I was horrified to stand in front of the class and speak. It's sort of like what you're doing today...putting yourself on display for approval.

So, I convinced myself I hated them--I was completely superior to them--and during my speech, I was trying to convince them that I accepted them. It really worked for me!!

Put the pressure on them (psychologically). Or, if you're not a complete social basketcase, like me, just be yourself!!

Mms--

I'm sure your son is just getting his devils out of the way so that at the Cookout and Microscopic Examination he'll behave like a Picture Book Child.

Besides, these people should know that Mr. Shivers comes with a family. They should already know that families are not necessarily 100% convenient.

Hold your dominion.

Thank you each one

WHEW!! Alrighty now...I can breathe...haha, it went great. The people were marvelous...the kids were wonderful, everyone relaxed and enjoyed each others company. We have alot in common it seems.

And I did feel like it was a microscopic examination...lol We were under the glass....>key the twilight zone music< ROTF...but it went smoothe....

I think it would have been different if the boys and I had met them first in a different setting, than to walk up to their house and beat on the door....I have to admit, the first 10 minutes was a little uncomfortable, but once the conversation started, it perked right up...alot of giggling, joking around..and talking business.

I feel like I could beat my chest and roar like Tarzan now....lmao

Lash...You mentioned those parents...I have seen them, and know what I thought about them...lol, that screaming at them, no matter who/ where you are at. I don't scream...lol, I growl.....lowly in the ear, usually with gritted teeth...lmao The boys know that I'm unhappy if I crook my finger and motion for them to come here. All I have to do is whisper.."Do we need to go to the bathroom to have a talk?" Its usually followed with a "No Ma'am"...and its a done deal. There usually isn't any more action to be taken. And some may disagree with me, and if so...sorry. But both boys at one time or another have pushed my buttons in a store...throwed a temper tantrum...screaming, kicking and showing their asses. I've told both of them , "If you don't stop, I'm going to take you to the bathroom and give you a spanking." Of course, it took a couple of time for both of them to realize that I meant what I said....and now, all I have to do is crook that finger, and growl...LOL

But I won't disregard your post...haha, it was thoughtful...Thank you.

Noddy... I'm holding on.............think I have a better grip now.

Lil K Wow...you were a Georgia peach for awhile huh? I didn't realize that you were here in state for that long.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 09:04 pm
Yes ma'am. I picked up a love for corn bread and a couple specific accents.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:30 pm
Quote:
Yes ma'am. I picked up a love for corn bread and a couple specific accents.

Uhhumm, were them specific accents of the male specimen?

lol, I've seen a few accents myself that were pretty damn sharp! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:38 pm
uuuummm....?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:49 pm
Littlek--

I think MMS means Georgia Peach Pickers.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:09 pm
Uhhuummm, nothing like a good lookin' man wearing tight fitting Wranglers and a speaking with a Southern Drawl....oooo weeee, lol

I married one...lol But he refuses to play Cowboy anymore...lol, says he's too old...HA!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm in Georgia!
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 07:58:10