I'm in Georgia!

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:24 pm
Yep...thats right, I'm in the beautiful state of Georgia....right outside of Savannah...(well, atleast 45 miles from there..lol)

Made the wonderful trip through Hotlanta earlier this morning...LOL, of should say, I caught a glimpse of it out the window....as we bypassed it heading southeast...lol But I saw IT! LOL

Find out either tonight...or Mon/Tues??? IF were moving down here...

Cross your fingers for us...its a wonderful opportunity!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,247 • Replies: 33
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:28 pm
Crossing fingers - there's a whole nother world out there for you to explore! Enjoy your travels and explorations, MMS.

Make sure you get some Vidalias to take home.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:35 pm
Georgia? Isn't that....what's her name.....liberated goose or something...doesn't she live there now?

Maybe you could both dress up in frilly frocks, and have iced tea together sometime.

"Ashley, Ashley!"

Hope it all works out for you MMS.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:37 pm
That's beautiful country, MMS, but I am afraid they are lacking in possums.

Will that create a problem?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:37 pm
Thanks ehBeth! Ya...not to far from Vadalia..(I think?)

And yeah...we've been giggling about our new world were exploring...

I have some advice for Georgians..."LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!" Its a given now since we've entered the state, that if the speed limit is 70, that means "Fast and Furious"..lol They have passed us like were sitting still...lol And some of the roadways...that have 65 miles an hour limits, actually have turn offs on them, no access roads next to the major highways...lol Were all strapped in like were loaded on one of NASA's spaceships...lol Laughing Shocked

But its beautiful!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:38 pm
Did you fly, MMS? How did it go? Tell us a bit more....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:44 pm
Quote:
Hope it all works out for you MMS.

Thank you LE...lol (Normally resides in Arkansas..lol)

Quote:
That's beautiful country, MMS, but I am afraid they are lacking in possums.

Will that create a problem?

Well Gus...I've wondered if they had possum's, ya know how well I love to cook up a good possum casserole everynow and then, but I soppose I can live without them, I'll just start using Llama's, I saw some of them down the road a fer piece....don't reckon' they mind me takin' one...lol
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:53 pm
Quote:
Did you fly, MMS? How did it go? Tell us a bit more....

Hi CJ....

We left out of Arkansas about 4:30 a.m yesterday morning, went up through Memphis (I hate that place)...down through Mississippi...into Alabama, where we got through Birmingham into Leeds and spent the day there and the night. Leeds is a nice place...then up early this morning and on our way to here..(Statesboro) Traveled through Atlanta..on down through Macon and to our final destination.

We haven't stopped and played tourist yet, were going to do that on our way back home...we were too excited about getting here, finding out what is going to happen, whether were going to move here or moving to Missouri with this job...so we'll find out soon enough.

Were here in Statesboro till Wednesday..maybe Thursday. Were going to take one day and go to the Ocean...can't wait. (I'm 35 and have never seen it Shocked ) But I want my boys to see the Atlantic....

I wanted to put pics up, but I run off without my digital (GRR) So, I'm going to have to wait till I either get back home, or pictures processed onto a cd to load them...before that happens.

HEHEHEHE, can't wait....lol

(Ok, I'll be back, husband is having withdrawals at the moment..he hasn't checked his email in two days..lol Poor baby!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 04:19 pm
I loooooved my time in GA.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 04:30 pm
MMS--

You make Adventure a way of living.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 04:32 pm
You're in Georgia??! Whatcha doin halfway across the world? You'd better watch out, I heard there's a new revolution brewing out there ... and stay away from the border, you hear, cos thats where the Chechens would kidnap you ... & how you ever gonna learn that god-awful language with that weird script they got? Oh, MMS..
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 05:06 pm
Hey, MMS! The reason they drive over the speed limit in Georgia is simple. Unlike Arkansas, where driving at breakneck speeds on the mountain roads is tantamount to suicide, the roads in Georgia are relatively flat. You should see how fast they drive in West Texas! (85mph isn't a bit unusual.)

Georgia would be a real change for you. Missouri would probably be more like home, I imagine. (Depends on where in Arkansas & where in Missouri, of course.) Culturally, a lot changes when you cross the Mississippi.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 07:04 pm
Quote:
I loooooved my time in GA.

Tell me Lil K..where did you go? Atlanta, wasn't it?

Quote:
MMS--

You make Adventure a way of living.

Hold your dominion.

Hehee..I try Noddy, I find adventure in getting lost...lol, my friends usually don't see the humor in it, or what fun it can be, they don't have the patiences to go along with it......lol

Quote:
You're in Georgia??! Whatcha doin halfway across the world? You'd better watch out, I heard there's a new revolution brewing out there ... and stay away from the border, you hear, cos thats where the Chechens would kidnap you ... & how you ever gonna learn that god-awful language with that weird script they got? Oh, MMS..

Hé Nimh ... la langue russe travaille-t-il à Géorgie ? Votre juste ainsi a damné ... joli lol

Quote:
Hey, MMS! The reason they drive over the speed limit in Georgia is simple. Unlike Arkansas, where driving at breakneck speeds on the mountain roads is tantamount to suicide, the roads in Georgia are relatively flat. You should see how fast they drive in West Texas! (85mph isn't a bit unusual.)

Georgia would be a real change for you. Missouri would probably be more like home, I imagine. (Depends on where in Arkansas & where in Missouri, of course.) Culturally, a lot changes when you cross the Mississippi.

Eva...your right in your comparison of Arkansas roads and Georgia's..lol I break the speed limits there, no problem...lol Don't bat an eye at hair-pin curves anymore. But your so right, they are straight here in Georgia, and just really didn't think about it.

Texas..lol, yeah...been there, and done that state too. What I get so tickled about is I can spot a Texas driver a mile off, they are the ones hitting their breaks...slamming to a stop to go around those hair pin curves...and it never fails. Many a Texans have caused major pile ups in Arkansas due to not knowing how to hang in the curves.....lol

Georgia will be a major change for us, but I'm excited about the prospect. Missouri, the area in which we would move there isn't much different then home..its right outside of the Mark Twain National Forest...beautiful as well.

I have to tell on thing on us: Today, husband and I were heading on down here, all of a sudden we noticed barricades across our side of the interstate. Like dumb-butts...were both wondering what they were? LOL ....it was one of them dumb blonde moments, but two seconds later, we both said..."Awww, were on a hurricane evacuation route.." LMAO

Shocked DuH!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 08:06 pm
You're just down the road from me, until August.

My son, his wife and my nephew are moving to the 'boro-- My son, this week, and my favorite nephew in late July. Everybody in the family is in school somewhere.

Statesboro kicked ass about 25 years ago. Not sure about now. The old biker hangout, where I used to play pool, was torn down long ago. I haven't been the same since.

There's alot going on, though. I hope you like it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 08:13 pm
Ain't never been there, but, my father's family came from there, in the early 20th Century. Always hear about the red Georgia clay.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 08:16 pm
That clay stains.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 09:23 pm
That red Georgia clay is just like our red Oklahoma clay. And yes, it does stain. I remember my mother's hands after gardening. No amount of soap would get it all off.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:50 am
Quote:
You're just down the road from me, until August.

My son, his wife and my nephew are moving to the 'boro-- My son, this week, and my favorite nephew in late July. Everybody in the family is in school somewhere.

Statesboro kicked ass about 25 years ago. Not sure about now. The old biker hangout, where I used to play pool, was torn down long ago. I haven't been the same since.

There's alot going on, though. I hope you like it.

COOL Lash!!!! Yea...we've been around that big loop a time or two, been through the town, its apparently in a new building stage, the town seems fairly new..(the areas we've been in) And have figured out that its a college town...big time..lol

I like it...the little bit I have gotten to see.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ain't never been there, but, my father's family came from there, in the early 20th Century. Always hear about the red Georgia clay.

That clay stains.

That red Georgia clay is just like our red Oklahoma clay. And yes, it does stain. I remember my mother's hands after gardening. No amount of soap would get it all off.

I noticed that red clay on the way through the state, brought to mind many many songs about Georgia and the "Red Dirt Roads"..., tends to make ya a lil nostalgic.....

Georgia just has so much history surrounding it.....its fascinating!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 12:13 pm
I drove through Georgia 45 years ago. Even more than the red clay, I remember rows and rows and rows of grown-for-timber pine trees.
No wildlife. No undergrowth. Just Cash Crop Pine Trees.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 12:31 pm
Wish you could have seen the best we have to offer, Noddy.

(We do have huge stretches of what you describe--the Sea Islands and Savannah make up for it.)

I had a drive in the middle of nowhere yesterday, looking for some tiny, beautiful church for my daughter's wedding. I found the most precious, ghostly white churches, nestled beneath huge oaks, hanging with Spanish moss.

In the middle of nowhere.

The architecture and the simplicity ...I just got out of my car and soaked it in. A rich day.

Can't wait to show my daughter.

We're also going to contact the Christ Church in St Simons. Wonder if they allow non-members to marry there...

http://www.christchurchfrederica.org/ChurchPix/DSCN1889.jpg

http://www.christchurchfrederica.org/ccf/ChurchCover.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm in Georgia!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 10:03:00