Moving 401k rollovers

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 11:47 am
here it says http://www.moneysavingfreetips.com/401k-rollover.html " If you create a separate IRA for your rollover and if your existing company allows this, you can move your IRA into a new employer's IRA sponsored program (thats if you change jobs)."

how exactly is this done? what are the steps? is there any credit checks involved?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,053 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:45 pm
All you need to do is get the transfer 401k institution to send your application for the transfer to your employer's 401k institution.

First, go to your employer to find out what forms need to be completed.
Next, contact the institution that you wish to transfer your 401k to, and ask them what they require - usually their form to administer your 401k.

Most will require a Notary Public to witness your signature on the forms. We used our bank that provided this service.

Good luck.

btw, It has nothing to do with "credit ratings."
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:57 am
similar question regarding 401Ks. Does anyone deal with TIA-CREF 401Ks? I used to work in the non-profit realm before I moved into Marketing...but what I've been told is that you can't roll over all your money from a TIA-Cref...anyone know if this is true? I'd like to have all my savings in one account now.
0 Replies