Movie Shot With Cell Phone Becomes Popular In Hong Kong

Reyn

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:45 am
Here's something really silly.

WARNING: Some of the translated sub-titles are rude.

Movie Shot With Cell Phone Becomes Popular In Hong Kong

HONG KONG -- Forget "The DaVinci Code." One of the most popular movies in Hong Kong is a 6-minute film apparently shot with a cell phone.

"Bus Uncle," as the film is commonly known, has been viewed nearly 1.7 million times on the video Web site Youtube.com -- the second most-viewed on the site in May as of Thursday -- spawning spoofs and new slang drawn from the ranting subject's emotionally charged soliloquy.

The film starts out when the protagonist, a middle-aged grumpy man, reacts strongly when a young man sitting behind him taps his shoulder to ask him to keep his voice down while talking on the phone.

"I don't know you. You don't know me. Why do you do this?" the infuriated bus rider said, punctuating the sentence by jabbing his right hand downward in the air.

When the young man, who rarely talks back during the argument, expressed an unwillingness to continue the conversation, the middle-aged man exploded, "This is not resolved! This is not resolved! This is not resolved!" -- now a new catch phrase in Hong Kong.

He goes on to say, "I face pressure. You face pressure. Why did you provoke me?"

The video has inspired numerous spoofs, including a karaoke version and a rap song using the middle-aged man's refrain, "I face pressure. You face pressure." Internet users have also added Chinese and English subtitles.

click and scroll down to video
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 190 • Replies: 2
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:48 am
Im confused by people who dont like people talking on mobile sin public places.

If the person was talking to someone else in the same palce that would be fine.

I reckon people compalin about mobiles as people can only hear one side of the conversation, if they are going to evesdrop, they want to hear the whole converstaion.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:09 am
I don't mind folks using their phones in public places, so long as they're appropriate ones, ie: not in restaurants or movie theatres.

For some reason though, when some talk on a cell phone, they talk louder than if the person were engaging in a conversation to someone right next to them. Now I wonder why that is?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Movie Shot With Cell Phone Becomes Popular In Hong Kong
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 08:37:13