sex pistols-one of the greatest punk bands ever!

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 07:03 am
i love the sex pistols and believe them to be one of the most awesome punk rock bands of all time... thier songs being great and meaningfull. and even though sid viscious couldnt even play bass they still managed to influence many other punk bands old and new. many of my mates dont agree with me... do you?

x (^_^) x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 580 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tino

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:15 am
The Sex Pistols were excellent.

Did you know that Sid didn't even play on Never mind the Bollocks [if title is censored in any way it isn't down to me because as far as I'm concerned an English judge decided the title was not a swearword Laughing ]because, as you state, he couldn't master the bass guitar.

Infact they rehired original bassist Glen Matlock at a session musician's rate of pay to do songs that he knew well anyway as he is credited with having co-wrote ten of them!

It may be as well that the Pistols proper only did one album though as the songs John Lydon was preparing for their sequel which later appeared on the first Public Image album [such as Religion and Low life] were not of the same quality!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:17 am
Cant say I like or have heard any of their song either than their popular ones.

Sid Vicious's story is a clear example of image overtaking talent.

Ilove the Sid and Nancy film tho with Gary Oldman and Chloe Web, a lovely story.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 02:48 pm
The Sex Pistols are to me, the original punk band, though arguments could be made as to who exactly came first. Regardless, they revolutionized the rock scene. Sid Vicious gave kids all over the world hope when he made the world see you don't have to be a good instrumentalist to be a rockstar. The Pistols kicked ass.

I believe I made a thread on this particular topic awhile back. Just goes to show you how many people love the Pistols. Wink
0 Replies