venting..

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:35 pm
So, we'll be back to the sex talk in no time then, right? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:37 pm
I am so sorry to hear that, shewolf, but with Bella's help (great write-up Bella) you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Is there a possibility that your MIL could loan you the downpayment
for a house? If you were to put her name onto the deed, she'd have
enough collateral. Plus you could offer her a higher interest rate
above prime, to pay back the loan.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:50 pm
I have thought about that.
But I have issues with it.

1) being that we live with her, and no matter what we do, she still says it is uncomfortable. Understandable. Its her home. So that makes me feel wierd about asking for something like that from her.

2) her alcohol bill is almost 400 a month.
Just today, the phone was off due to non payment.
Im not sure she can afford herself at this point with the amount she spends on alcohol a day. Almost 2 bottles, 9-11.00$ a bottle.
Daily.

3) We are not going to have much left over after our monthly payments when we DO get in a house and I would not want to borrow money we may not be able to pay her back in a reasonable time. I wouldnt want to wait for money I lent out for a year or so, so I can not imagine she would want to either.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:14 pm
You want your own home NOW and that overwhelming want isn't within your immediate grasp. It's a fact of life. Sometimes desired goals take a lot longer to achieve than we had hoped for----and sometimes our plans to achieve those goals need to be tweaked.

You don't want to live with your MIL, but you chose to do so in order to work on your ultimate goal of home-ownership. Accordingly, you need to clean up your credit rating and save money. In order to clean up your credit rating, you need to challenge the negative entries and/or settle the debts as you can afford to do so. It's a time-consuming, and YES--frustrating--endeavor. The results aren't as immediate as you would like them to be.

If living with your MIL is driving you insane, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your goals. Instead of working towards buying your own place, perhaps you might be better off renting your own place. Of course, if you're renting your own place rather than living with your MIL, your housing costs will increase and you will have less money to clean up your credit report. It might take a lot longer to get to the point when you can purchase your own home, but you'll at least have your sanity.

Keep working on cleaning up your credit report and re-evaluate the merits of living with your MIL.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » venting..
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.08 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 02:15:09