'Stargazer' Says He Fell Down Chimney

Reyn

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:46 am
"....he took his pants off and began waving them around to set off the home's motion detectors". Laughing I've got this mental image in my mind.

'Stargazer' Says He Fell Down Chimney

BRAWLEY, Calif. (AP) - A man faces a burglary charge after police found him stuck in a chimney. Matthew Allen, 27, told police he fell down the chimney after going on to the roof of the house to look at the stars.

When he got stuck near the bottom of the chimney, he took his pants off and began waving them around to set off the home's motion detectors. Brawley police officers were dispatched to the house twice Saturday morning but saw no signs of an intruder.

Neighbors eventually heard a commotion coming from the house and called the police.

"I've read and heard of things like that before," Brawley Fire Capt. Manuel Sevilla said, "but I've never seen it. The situation, it was more funny than anything." Fire workers lowered a chain ladder to Allen, who was able to climb out from the chimney.

When transported to Pioneers Memorial Hospital in Brawley for treatment Allen tried to flee but was detained by hospital staff.

Allen, who had a warrant for his arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol, faces a count of residential burglary.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 418 • Replies: 7
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:49 am
If he was stuck in the chimney, how did he get his pants off and start waving them for the motion detectors? That must have caused some uncomfortable chaffing and got soot in places I don't want to think about.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:53 am
The odds were certainly stacked against him.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:15 am
If the judge does not belive him will he claim he got shafted? Laughing
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:19 am
He's certain to be raked over the coals, which may fire up the jury and cause his defense to go up in smoke.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 01:57 pm
Sheesh! There's been an epidemic lately! When will all these people stop getting drunk and climbing?!

And what are they drinking anyway? The stuff I drink makes me want to lie down, not go climb something!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:46 pm
Was this guy after a piano?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:44 pm
Good question.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 'Stargazer' Says He Fell Down Chimney
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:22:32