the origions of your net names

Mame

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:27 pm
Boy, all this time I thought it was a typo, blacksmithn...

We'll just nickname Chai "Tea Tea" Smile

Mine is from the movie, Auntie Mame - a resourceful, intrepid, fun-loving mouthy dame
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:30 pm
Interesting that you would cite the movie version as your inspiration, Mame. I never saw the film but loved the Patrick Dennis book and Angela Lansbury's portrayal of Mame on Broadway.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:50 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I wonder if you realize, Chai, that your name is actually a redundancy? 'Chai' means 'tea' in Russian.

Yeah, I know....(sigh)

I wonder if the powers that be would let me change my name and drop the "Tea" part?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:54 pm
eoe
my initials
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:13 pm
I had a cat named Boomerang who always sat atop my computer.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:20 pm
Dagmar be my first real name. I mean real first name. Usually taken, so I had to play around with it and it stuck.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:40 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Interesting that you would cite the movie version as your inspiration, Mame. I never saw the film but loved the Patrick Dennis book and Angela Lansbury's portrayal of Mame on Broadway.

I envy you seeing it live...I'd love to.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 05:37 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Mine's in reference to a section of Steven King's "It", where one of the characters (Bill Denbrough, for those that know the book) talks about how he's not a leader, just thrust into the role and waving around a tin sword and pretending he's Arthur, while actually being scared out his mind (not exactly like this, but close). I'm no leader, either, so I paraphrased and got my name.

Maybe we should start calling you haystack....that was his nickname, wasn't it?
0 Replies

soul collector

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 05:39 pm
i will agree with chai tea
or shall we call you tea tea
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:24 pm
My netname for 5 years was/is joefx taken after my usual nickname joe and my favorite band at the time... nofx.

I changed it because I grew tired of it and because I don't want my posts to be the first thing google shows when you write joefx on it's search. Pantalones was the best thing I could come up with.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:28 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I wonder if you realize, Chai, that your name is actually a redundancy? 'Chai' means 'tea' in Russian.

"Cha" is also tea in Chinese and Japanese. Wink Anybody for "tofu?"
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:44 pm
Chumly wrote:
It just popped into my head no rhyme no reason.

I went to High School with a Chumly-- a real party boy. Everytime I see your name I think of him. Wasn't there a cartoon walrus named Chumly?
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:55 pm
It's my real name - Egroeg - spelled backwards.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:01 pm
Mine is the Algonquian (Nipmuck) place name of a town near to where I was born.

http://www.nativetech.org/Nipmuc/placenames/connecticut.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:02 pm
George, I "knew" there was something backwards about you.... LOL
0 Replies

soul collector

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:09 pm
hey george
thats my old name theory as previously noted
im glad some one else has thought of it
i would not have picked it up because george is a name already
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 11:44 pm
Mine is from a character in a book called "The Wild Road." I just thought it was neat. Smile The character is really just Cypher, but that was taken so I added cat, since she was one....

When I first signed up, I thought I'd only be posting here once, so I didn't think about my name at all and just used my real name followed by "17." the 17 was for my anniversary, but then I realized people assume a numeral in your name is your age, and man, I wasn't gettin no respect!!So I changed it.

Wait, that WAS why I wasn't gettin no respect, wasn't it?! Hmm....
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:07 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Merry Andrew wrote:

"Cha" is also tea in Chinese and Japanese. Wink Anybody for "tofu?"

Chai is *Hindi* for tea...Masala Chai, Adrak chai...Smile

Anyway, I like your name as it is, Chai Tea. Kinda sounds nice. Nicer than just Chai.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:19 am
Im a fan of a certain lady singer and because I didnt use my brain much the day I registered here it is my ID.
Also I used to like sewing(still kind of do) so the material bit had a double meaning and Im definately a girl so it all seemed appropriate.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:21 am
Are you talking about Louise, MG? Cool
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 08:05:32