the origions of your net names

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:07 pm
when your on the net and chatting we all have our own secret I.D.s i've started this thread to find out a bit more of what goes into a name.
all i ask is for your thinking behind your name

my name soul_collector is part of three reasons
1. i play warhammer and have a dark elf army hence the soul and collector part
2. i usually offer parts of me for sal like my soul, indentity, dignity and conscience all of wich are in small quantities
3. it draws your attention to my say and you may remember the name
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,655 • Replies: 81
No top replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:16 pm
A Pink Floyd song. Cool

It reflects my humorus, imaginary mental instabilities and my love of rock 'n roll.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:39 pm
Like thoughts of chopping up little Asian boys, it just popped into my head.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:41 pm
only one of the best college footbal teams in the history of the game where the biggest church of believers in that state worships these guys that ran around with ta pigskin
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:45 pm
I think there's been a thread like this before.

But, anyway, my given name happens to be Andrew and I do my best to remain merry as much as possible. (It's also the name of a Danny Kaye movie from so far back nobody except old farts like me remember it any more.)
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:27 pm
Make Me Shiver ...comes from a country song, can't remember which one now...might have to look that up..lol There was just something about that song, the woman talking about how the man could make her shiver with his touch..

The "33" was my age at the time....

Nuttin' more........
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:29 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Make Me Shiver ...comes from a country song, can't remember which one now...might have to look that up..lol There was just something about that song, the woman talking about how the man could make her shiver with his touch..

The "33" was my age at the time....

Nuttin' more........

phew!!! I was thinking a horror movie Embarrassed
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:44 pm
It just popped into my head no rhyme no reason.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:50 pm
HA! Husker....yours give me the vision of an old man sitting on a front porch shuckin' corn...lol when I first seen it. But I figured it out...LOL
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:55 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
HA! Husker....yours give me the vision of an old man sitting on a front porch shuckin' corn...lol when I first seen it. But I figured it out...LOL

lol - I'm not evev the big 50 yet and I keep asking the Mrs when I will think like a man my age.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:57 pm
Quote:
lol - I'm not evev the big 50 yet and I keep asking the Mrs when I will think like a man my age.

A lil advice then: Don't! Don't ever act your age! It'll keep ya young..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:00 pm
CalamityJane: Isn't it obvious?
She was my great-great-great aunt, once removed.

So, there you have it!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:02 pm
Cool CJ.......
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:49 pm
I have been using Intrepid for about 15 years or so. Despite what some think, it is not about the car or the ship. I actually chose Intrepid after Sir William Samuel Stephenson. A Canadian who's codename during the war was Intrepid.

Also, because Intrepid means fearless, bold and brave.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:36 pm
Click on my profile. It's all there.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:20 am
there is a German question site, that I wanted to join several years ago.
I tried to log in with my first name, but it was already taken.
So without much thought, I chose the nickname (because it rhymes with my first name), that some people had given me.

I then registered with the same name at a british site, and finally here.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:29 am
Flushd popped into my head and seems to suit me well. It was a free association thing. I'm often flushd with emotion or exertion, red in the face or blushing, I love water: flushd makes me think of water in motion (down a toilet and cleaning out something).
It also has a secret bit to it. Flush D. A secret wish and expression of hostility of my bf at the time who the folks here watched me flush from my life. lol.

it's silly Razz
0 Replies

soul collector

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 07:12 pm
wow i thought my name had low origions
no offence ment
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:24 pm
my initials are jd, i love music and playing around with words, so the idea of djjd was kinda cool, however the first site i went to had the name already in use, they suggested i use a number with the name so i chose the year of my birth, hence djjd62
0 Replies

soul collector

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 09:15 pm
i had a good one but i got bored of it it was my last name backwards
it was really helpfull because it sounded ok and no one had taken it because it was origional it was siwel (lewis)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » the origions of your net names
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:28:23