Latest Harry Potter info

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:10 pm
Anyone know the title of HP number 7 yet?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,263 • Replies: 21
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:14 pm
Just the rumors -
Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light; Harry Potter and the Fortress of Shadows.
I'm anxiously awaiting it, though. I love this series.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:44 pm
Officially:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33173.html
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:15 am
Any predictions about the story?

There's a passage at the end of Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry and Dumbledore are having their usual denouement discussion and Dumbledore says something to the effect of "The day may come when you will be glad you saved Peter Pettigrew's life." (I don't have the exact text handy.) So far nothing related to this has happened (unless I've overlooked something) but I'd be willing to bet Rowling is foreshadowing something... I'm anxious to see if something pivotal happens in the last book that relates to these mysterious words.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:26 pm
Yes, shapeless, I've been wondering about that, too.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:34 pm
i just recently listened to all the books, and am now reading them, i'm so looking forward to the seventh book, let's hope it stands up to all the pressure of the preceding volumes
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:53 pm
I need to read them, I adore the movies...

I know, I know..lol, probably nothing like the movies, but better!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:59 pm
actually up to number three not to far off, but the books get biggera nd bigger and from four on they have to start cutting stuff to fit the length of a movie, to be honest i'm not sure how they are going to fit all the relevant parts into movies 5 & 6, the books are freeking huge and very little info is expendable
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 11:27 am
I also have a vague and, admittedly, more far-fetched hunch that Hermione's SPEW is going to have some surprisingly big role to play.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:00 pm
Latest Harry Potter info
I'm bothered by Harry's noble write-off of Ginny. I hope she gets worked into the story despite his need to go it alone. She's been too prominent to be abandoned by Rowling as a sacrifice...
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:56 pm
I think the Weasleys in general will have an important role to play in this final book. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I have a hunch that Percy will be at least tempted by the "dark side." And I think something has to happen to finally "redeem" the Weasley name... perhaps Arthur as the next Minister of Magic?
0 Replies

Deedum98

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:59 pm
Dumbledore is not dead! I think that you know how in the 6th book they are talking about non-verbal spells. I think that when Snape is about to kill dumbledore he says "Avada Kedavra" but I think that he thinks some teleporting spell and he teleports him somewhere else.

What do you think?????
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 03:48 am
No, I think he's dead. I don't think his portrait would have appeared on the wall of the headmaster's office if he weren't dead. Also, you can't Apparate or Disapparate on Hogwarts grounds, and even if Snape found a way, it's not like Dumbledore's body disappeared; he was at the base of the tower for everyone to see.
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 06:37 pm
Coming into the thread late, but Dumbledore is dead- Jo confermed it..sorry guys
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:26 pm
I just wanted to bookmark this thread mostly, but I also have to tell you, Italy16, your location is very funny. Love it! Laughing
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 09:07 am
great thread... i'm also waiting with great anticipation for the release...
i still can't get over the fact that padfoot is dead...i mean...yeah maybe, he comes back in the 7th installation...
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 11:33 am
Here 'tis....the last Harry Potter title:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!!! Final 'Harry Potter' title announced
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:45 pm
Yep, so excited!!

so does anyone have any new theories about the title? i personaly think it has something to do with Godric's Hallow, where Harry's parents were killed.

P.S-
Quote:
Italy16, your location is very funny. Love it!
Thanks!!
0 Replies

moondancer16

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 10:29 pm
i also imagine that Harry & Voldemort will be having a big battle, and Voldemort's going to die. I'm just guessing, because Voldemort has to be killed off.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 10:39 pm
J.K. Rowling has said that two major characters are going to die in this one. My guess is Snape and Voldemort, though I wouldn't put it past her to kill off Voldemort and Harry. Unlikely, in my opinion, but I think Rowling is capable of just about anything at this point.

Incidentally, the release date has been announced: July 21.
0 Replies