Doc gave me the rest of the week off :-)

Montana

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 10:51 am
And Saturdays to boot. I was hit with a nasty flu at the end of last week and I haven't been to work since Saturday.
I have asthma and the heavy moisture in the plant where I work causes me to be sick all the time. I have also been diagnosed with acid reflux recently, and it has caused scaring in my asophigus, which needs to be removed at the end of August, so I can't take anything for my flu because of the reflux. <sigh>
No sooner do I get rid of one flu, I get slammed with another.
The hours are absolutely brutal at the beginning of each lobster season and we've been working 70 hour weeks since the last week of April.
Anyway, I went to see doc today and he agreed to give me the rest of the week off and even Saturdays after that, so my lungs can have 2 days a week to clear.

This makes me a happy camper :-D
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 362 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 10:55 am
Get well soon, Montana. It sounds nasty, but with a chest like yours I'm sure you'll beat this horrible virus.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 10:59 am
Laughing Thanks, Lord. I was just thinking that this chest of mine would get me through the rough times :-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Doc gave me the rest of the week off :-)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:33:57