Just Never Got Around To It

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:37 pm
I was just thinkingÂ….a few years ago, I was at work one day, when some of my co-workers started talking about something Howard Stern had said on the radio. I don't even recall what it was. But I recall what I said.

"That stupid Howard Stern! One of these days, I'm going to call his show and give him a piece of my mind! I'd like to tell Howard Stern a few things!"

"Oh, I know he'll probably just yell at me, call me a bitch, and hang up on me, but I don't care! I still want to do it!"

One of my male co-workers, who was a frequent listeners of Stern's, said, "That'd be hilarious, Stray Cat! When are you going to do it?"

"It would have to be on my next day off," I said. "I can't yell things like misogynistic as*hole and chauvinistic bastid into the phone here at work."

Well, of course, on my next day off, I didn't call Stern. I didn't even think about it.

I'm sorry now that I didn't. I would've enjoyed it, and it would've given my friends and co-workers a good laugh.

"The day Stray Cat faced off against Howard Stern." What a great story that would've been.

Now, of course, I'd have to call Sirius radio and the only people who would hear me would be the ones who are willing to pay for the privilege. It's just not the same anymore.

That got me thinking, I'll bet if I made a list of all the things I meant to do, but never got around to doing, I'd have quite a list.

At least, there was that day -- about two months after 9/11 -- when I went up to the observation deck of the Empire State Building and shouted, "YA MISSED ME!"

That felt good.

What crazy, silly, dumb things have you meant to do, but never got around to? Or maybe there were some interesting, inspiring, meaningful things you meant to do, but you just never had the time? Or if you did have the time, you never thought of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 630 • Replies: 6
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:54 pm
well, once i was gonna start a thread about things i hadn't got around to doing

but it looks like you beat me to it
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 07:00 pm
Here ya go, Stray Cat. This will bring you luck:

http://aalbc.com/reviews/images/aroundtoit_logo.jpg
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:27 pm
Hey thanks, Letty! Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:32 pm
Me an a couple of buddies were going to take over a small country in South America once, but we ended up going to the movies instead.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:35 pm
My wife bought me a round tuit plate a few years back that is hanging on the kitchen wall. Rather that getting around to taking a picture of it, I found this exact plate to post.

http://www.bentbacktulips.co.uk/images/tuit.gif

BTW....My todo list is longer than my life expectancy.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:43 pm
Quote:
Me an a couple of buddies were going to take over a small country in South America once, but we ended up going to the movies instead.

You too, Gus?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Just Never Got Around To It
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 04:50:44