Whew! Glad that Mother’s Day is Over!

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:10 am
Any other moms feel this way? It seems this is more work than a typical Sunday. I mean getting two little kids ready to go out to eat. They want to play and you are trying to dress them and keep them neat - you also have to arrive on time on this particular day or you will lose your seat. Even though you make reservations you have to wait because the whole gang is there - including grandmom and great-grandmom and everyone wants a large table today. The restaurant is crowded with lots of other little monsters running around. Try to keep the kids in line and entertained while trying to eat a nice meal.

You finally get home and hubby goes to take a nap because he is exhausted with all the planning and let you sleep in this morning. Yes I had a great time, but I am glad it is over so I can relax.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 359 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:12 am
Re: Whew! Glad that Mother's Day is Over!
Linkat wrote:
I mean getting two little kids ready to go out to eat.
They want to play and you are trying to dress them and keep them neat
you also have to arrive on time on this particular day or you will lose your seat.

You're a poet and you don't even know it! :-D

I'm kinda glad we didn't do the whole going-out-to-eat thing, it does seem to add a level of stress.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:16 am
sozobe - I honestly didn't even realize I rhymed those words. What a loser I am!

Normally my husband would have a barbecue and we would invite everyone over - much more relaxing, but seeing we have had downpours for a week - not really ideal.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:49 am
Mother's day falls on a different date over here, but I have a question....

Does your Father's day occur in about three months time?

Over here it does. Or.....looking at it another way, our Mother's day just happens to be NINE MONTHS after Father's day.

So, you can see what us Fathers get as a present.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 12:14 pm
Yeah... three months worth of dirty diapers....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:03 pm
Hasn't started for me yet. Since we're in the middle of a monsoon, have to celebrate next weekend.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:08 pm
My first Mother's Day--when I was with the first Mr. Noddy and my first mother-in-law was hell.

She insisted on going out for lunch. The restaurant was crowded, the food was mediocre and my beloved baby boy was fretful. M-i-l was in her glory, accosting strangers and forcing them to admire cranky baby.

I swore, "Never Again" and I've kept that Mighty Vow.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:13 pm
And isn't hubby supposed to get the kiddos ready on Mother's Day?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:16 pm
Welllll...he helped get them ready. In reality, if we wanted to make the reservation on time - mommy needs to help. Especially when they both decide they want mommy to get them dressed. And if we want them to have their hair done all cute and girly it is probably better for mommy to do it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:30 pm
Quote:
Mother's day falls on a different date over here, but I have a question....

Does your Father's day occur in about three months time?

here they are approximately one month apart...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Whew! Glad that Mother’s Day is Over!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:33:45