Anyone Else Get This Nasty Flu?

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:05 am
Boy, I got slammed with this aweful flu that doesn't want to move on.
It's attacked every inch of my body, but mostly my lungs, muscles and sinuses.
It hit me Thursday and by Saturday, I was toast! Totally useless I've been since.

Anyone else?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,154 • Replies: 28
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:08 am
We've been hit by a mini-nastiness.

We suspect it's the flu mitigated by our shots....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:09 am
Did you get flu shots?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:11 am
Yes. New baby and all.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:12 am
Re: Anyone Else Get This Nasty Flu?
Montana wrote:
Anyone else?

Nope... and I don't plan on getting it http://www.duramproducts.com.au/internal/military%20respirator.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:19 am
I never, NEVER take those shots, and neither could my husband.

Montana, I suspect that you have a sinus infection that keeps causing your problems. That happened to me many years ago, and once I got that under control, I have only had a flu like illness once, and that was when we moved here. I blame it on the change of climate. I don't feel at all well today, but I know that it is stress, and yes, climate has a lot to do with one's health.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:19 am
Even though my bosses were very well aware of how sick I was by Friday night, my manager still gave me a "sigh" and a disappointed "ok" when I called in sick Saturday, so I didn't bother calling today Laughing

I have a docs appointment tomorrow and I'm gonna get the week off, along with every Saturday off as well.

Doc strongly advised me not to return to this job due to all the illnesses it's causing me, which are brutal due to the fact that I have asthma and acid refux, so he ain't gonna be too pleases that I went back.

I did apply for another job before returning, but they never called me :-(

Anyway, this will have to be my last year I work in the very cold, damp fish plant type atmosphere.

Last year I had 6 flu's while working here and I'm never sick when I'm away from there for a week or more.

<sigh>
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:21 am
Letty wrote:
I never, NEVER take those shots

Me either... and I never get the flu. It's amazing what a healthy immune sysytem can do isn't it?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:26 am
Letty wrote:
I never, NEVER take those shots, and neither could my husband.

Montana, I suspect that you have a sinus infection that keeps causing your problems. That happened to me many years ago, and once I got that under control, I have only had a flu like illness once, and that was when we moved here. I blame it on the change of climate. I don't feel at all well today, but I know that it is stress, and yes, climate has a lot to do with one's health.

I've had sinus infections, but I don't think I do this time. This flu is just attacking everything, including my sinuses.
I work 7 months out of the year and the only time I get sick is in work, so I know that it's the shop that makes me sick. I can think of about 10 other people who work there, who also go though the same thing I do and all of us have asthma.
Some didn't even have asthma until they started working there, although I was born with it, along with most of us who suffer.
Cold moisture and asthma obviously don't mix.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:28 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Letty wrote:
I never, NEVER take those shots

Me either... and I never get the flu. It's amazing what a healthy immune sysytem can do isn't it?

I've never had a flu shot myself, but a man I work with has one every year and he's never sick.
My immune system was great until I starting working in a lobster plant.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:29 am
My husband did. He was knocked off his feet for two days and is still a bit under the weather. Each of my children also did to a certain degree. One had a 102 temperature, but was better after about 24 hours - she still has a lingering cough. The other simply had the cough for a couple of days.

Me - nothing even though I cared for all the others. I also, don't get flu shots.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:40 am
I will manfully avoid the "something fishy about all this" pun.

Oops....
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:51 am
Montana wrote:

Maybe it is some sort of allergic reaction???
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:59 am
flu
we both were hit about 14 days ago - coughing , sneezing , stuffy sinuses ... the works !
went to see our doc who said it was a "bacteruial infection" that's making the rounds ; so he put us on antibiotics for five days - it's a new kind : "azithromycin" . (it was the first time we ever saw him wearing a mask - very sensible , we thought ).
felt much better after five days but the doc was not satisfied ; so he put us on another five day 'course of action' . took the last tablet yesterday , have to see the doc tomorrow . still a bit of a cough left ; we'll see what the doc says .
we did not have any fever and felt reasonably well - but are quite tired - sleeping 8-9 hours !
i think we need really warm weater to shake of the cough - outdoor activities always seem to help .
cough , cough ... hbg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:59 am
Idea Her immune system is boiling over.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:04 pm
Montana,

Yep .... sounds like what I had about 3 weeks ago. Only I also had a sore throat to go along with it and no voice for a day. Was pretty bad.

Must not have gotten my immune system built back up cause for a couple of days now, I've had a cold and all I wanna do is sleep. Round 2 Rolling Eyes I think most of this cold is due to extreme lack of sleep for almost a week while I was at my Dad's. Between helping him and trying to keep up with work ... sleep was not much of an option. Run down immune system equals getting sick for me. Almost everytime!

Get well, (((((Montana)))))
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:50 pm
I just found out, today, that I have this thing called SARS.

Anyone heard of this? I've been meaning to Google it all day, but I've been lazy.

Oh well, I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine and read the New Yorker now. Ciao.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:20 pm
Linkat wrote:
My husband did. He was knocked off his feet for two days and is still a bit under the weather. Each of my children also did to a certain degree. One had a 102 temperature, but was better after about 24 hours - she still has a lingering cough. The other simply had the cough for a couple of days.

Me - nothing even though I cared for all the others. I also, don't get flu shots.

Funny thing with this is that I had lots and lots of chills but no fever, although I did wake up several times in a sweat, so I assume I was a bit feverish in my sleep.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:21 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I will manfully avoid the "something fishy about all this" pun.

Oops....

I always knew there was something fishy going on ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:25 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Montana wrote:

Maybe it is some sort of allergic reaction???

Nope, don't imagine it is allergies. Since it's those of us who have asthma that seem to suffer like this, I think it's just the moisture in the plant that the asthma has a reaction too.
Those people who have allergies tend to get skin rashes or hives.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anyone Else Get This Nasty Flu?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:10:03