The Doors... 40th anniversary celebration

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 05:16 pm
I've been a looooong time Doors fan (21 years now) and I've kept up with new items that have been published throughout the years. It looks like the remaining Doors members are putting out a lot of previously unreleased material and digitally remastered cd's in 2007 to celebrate their 40 year anniversary.

You can read about it here http://www.thedoors.com/news/ Its nice to have something new to look forward to.

I apologize if someone's already posted this, but I didn't see any thread about this on the main page.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,413 • Replies: 16
No top replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 07:44 pm
Yeah, The Doors were amazing. R.I.P. Jimmy. Are they gonna release like a b-sides collection, or just like new 5 disc greatest hits album with bonus material? I hope it's the b-side album. I'd buy it (it's alot cheaper).
0 Replies

pokernut951

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 10:15 pm
I believe they are going to have a feature length Documentary trying to bring their legacy to a new generation.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 12:13 am
When the Music's Over. One of the greatest songs of all time.

Carry on.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:24 am
Crazydiamond, the news article explains in detail what they are releasing. There was a collection of early blues type stuff released a while back - none of that stuff's on the main albums, maybe you'd like that.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 07:04 pm
Sorry, Embarrassed I was in a rush, I didn't read it. I have now.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:20 pm
is there a web site that allows you to 'host songs'?

I have some great ones I would post.. but I dont know how..
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 05:10 pm
shewolfnm, I'm not sure of a good site where you can do that legally, but I'm sure someone here knows. I hope they post a link, because I'm curious about the songs you have Very Happy
0 Replies

blink me

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:25 am
I LOVE THE DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz Very Happy
good to see another fan!
none of my friends like them =[
yay!

i respect you!
WOO!

x (^_^) x
<3
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:39 am
Jim Morrison was a true rock star.... one of the first.... and the band was great.... so many of the trailblazers went out early.... too bad.... although if they had remained alive they would have probably become bloated ruined versions of themselves from the lifestyle.... so best to go out with guns blazing I suppose.... as the Eagles put it (perfectly) "Burn the candle at both ends and get twice the light in half the time) The brightest stars burn out the quickest... it's scientific. :wink:
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:45 am
I have just informed my friend who is a Doors nut.
0 Replies

pokernut951

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:16 pm
The monk bought lunch...

Yeah he bought a little...

This is the best part of the trip... This is the trip of the..best part...I really like...What'd he say?

Soft Parade - Doors

Awesome.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 10:45 pm
I used to smoke a lot of pot and I always loved to listen to the Doors. Now I rarely smoke pot at all but, as it turns out, I still love to listen to the Doors. As the the Throbber mentioned, Jim Morrison was a true rock star and the band that backed him was equal to his showmanship.

Before I slip into unconsciouness...
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 05:32 am
Well, they were a great band, period. I know many people had/have obsessions with Jim Morrison, and some with Pam Courson, but that wouldn't have happened at all if the music wasn't good.

I can't wait to check out the new stuff!
0 Replies

jnkie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:59 am
I also love the Doors. My mom introduced me to them when I was only 12 years old, that was 14 years ago. Ever since I have also been a near rabid fan. Devouring anything and everything Doors. I suppose we are a target market, because I find myself buying Doors albums with no new songs on, just for the sake of owning everything Doors. But I am not complaining though, maybe that should be worrying Laughing .

But I have to say that Jim was not a nice guy, he was brilliant in the Doors. I am just glad that I never met him. Also, I think John Densmore is a very underrated drummer.IMHO.
0 Replies

finalspike

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 05:51 pm
I have to admit that when I was growing up, I hated the Doors. But one of my high school friends and I were jamming one day, and he played a bunch of Doors tunes. He turned me on the them. I guess there were some songs I hadn't discovered until I jammed with him. Then I started listening to the Doors my senior year, and that's when I was hooked. Now I have their greatest hits album from the 1980s. I was listening to it on Naspterlinks recently. I only wish that Jim Morrison was alive now. What do you guys think of the greatest hits album?

Listen to Greatest Hits [1980] by The Doors : Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

smoothcriminal

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 02:57 pm
finalspike wrote:
I have to admit that when I was growing up, I hated the Doors. But one of my high school friends and I were jamming one day, and he played a bunch of Doors tunes. He turned me on the them. I guess there were some songs I hadn't discovered until I jammed with him. Then I started listening to the Doors my senior year, and that's when I was hooked. Now I have their greatest hits album from the 1980s. I was listening to it on Naspterlinks recently. I only wish that Jim Morrison was alive now. What do you guys think of the greatest hits album?

Listen to Greatest Hits [1980] by The Doors : Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

I love the doors, my dad introduced me when I was like 7 to them (that was 17 years ago) and I listen to them almost religiously now, and their greatest hits is in regular rotation (nice link) in my CD Player.
0 Replies