Wis. Couple Marry at Jelly Bean Store

Reyn

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 09:02 pm
Wis. Couple Marry at Jelly Bean Store

PLEASANT PRAIRIE, Wis. (AP) - Even the giant jelly bean went formal when Lori Woolery married Daymon Tracy at the Jelly Belly Store on Wednesday. "We were looking for something different," Woolery said. 'It's just a really fun place."

She was walked down the aisle by a big, bright red candy - or at least a costumed candy impersonator - in top hat and gold bow tie.

That sight was enough to amaze 6-year-old Jack Downey from Elk River, Minn., visiting the store with his aunt.

"Why would a girl want to marry a jelly bean?" he asked.

But Woolery actually was marrying Tracy and decided on a weekday schedule to accommodate his job as a truck driver.

The Rev. Larry Schneekloth, pastor of Markham Lutheran Church in Markham, Ill., performed the ceremony in a corner of the store known as Jelly Belly Junction.

"Lori grew up in my parish so she called and asked if I would perform the ceremony and I said, 'Of course.' That was before I knew where it was," Schneekloth said.

After she told him the location, the pastor said, "I gulped and said 'yes' anyway."

William Kelley, vice chairman of the Jelly Belly Candy Co., drove from the company offices in North Chicago, Ill., to be on hand for the event at the Jelly Belly Center, which opened in 2001.

After the ceremony, the couple and the wedding party took a ride on the Jelly Belly train that carries visitors on a tour of the premises.

"We put a 'just married' sign on it," said store manager Mary Plebanek.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 300 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 09:22 pm
....and marriage is between a man and a woman is sacred and marriage between gay couples is not.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 07:05 am
Always good to know about the options out there.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:04 am
When asked what was the color scheme for her wedding, the bride replied, "All of them."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:29 pm
I was thinking the registry part would be easy.

Buttered popcorn, thank you. And anything that goes with it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wis. Couple Marry at Jelly Bean Store
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:15:51