Jack White - The Raconteurs

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:47 pm
http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1479203&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.windowsmedia.com

Your opinion?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,099 • Replies: 17
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:03 pm
I think they rock. Jack White is a major talent.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:07 pm
Hmm, I like that very much, actually. Thanks for posting it, cj...Have to listen to more stuff by the Raconteurs; I like what I've heard of the White Stripes, but I liked that even more.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:17 pm
You're welcome.

At the Detroit Superbowl this year, they should have had Jack White, Emimem, Kid Rock and Ted Nugent on stage at the same time. They would have killed.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:22 pm
Jack White's parents actually live within a short walking distance from my house before this one. Not sure if he grew up there though...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 12:25 am
And that's just the comercial single from their album. The other songs are even better. It's wonderful just following along, listening to Jack White continue to expand and realize his incredible talent.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 11:48 am
Don't forget Detroit's very own Iggy and the Stooges, and MC5!!!
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 04:03 pm
I picked some of this band up after a free download from iTunes. I knew that Jack White was in the band, which was why I gave them a chance. They're pretty good, but only time will tell how good. They now have a little space on my overflowing iPod.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 08:37 pm
Raconteurs cut to the chase with new album

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:26pm EDT

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rock group the Raconteurs, whose members include Jack White of the White Stripes, is bypassing the standard months-long wait between finishing an album and releasing it with "Consolers of the Lonely," which will hit stores only weeks after completion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUSN1820537420080319
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 08:54 pm
Blue Veins from that album may be one of my favorite all time songs.

I've seen them open for Bob Dylan, and have seen the White Stripes three times. I'm a big fan.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 10:22 am
The new album (Consolers of the Lonely) is an instant classic. It solidified this band's place and skill, its just so damn good. I've got it on vinyl and I couldn't be happier. I like to think of it as the Sgt. Peppers of today's era.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 02:37 pm
CarbonSystem wrote:
I like to think of it as the Sgt. Peppers of today's era.

Wow that's a bold claim. It's pretty damn good, but not sure it's going down in history quite like that.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 02:56 pm
Oh I love that song but I had no idea who sang it. Thanks cj.

Is most of their stuff like that?

If I were to buy one of their CDs which should I get first?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:49 pm
You should listen to "You Don't Understand Me." Wow, what a torch song.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 09:07 pm
boomerang wrote:
Oh I love that song but I had no idea who sang it. Thanks cj.

Is most of their stuff like that?

If I were to buy one of their CDs which should I get first?

They only have two cd's. They're both good, grab both.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:32 pm
I'm gon' see 'em this sunday! HA! I'm gon' see 'em this sunday! HA! Thank you guys for alerting me to this CD. I got it somehow mysteriously without paying...I don't know how it happened. Anyway, aside from The Switch and The Spur and maybe one or two others to a lesser degree, this is a pretty great album, record, disk, or whatever the f*ck it's supposed to be called.

That trumpet part in The Switch and the Spur is just annoying. And those lyrics at the end sound like a bad Tenacious D impersonation. What a clunker piece of **** that song is. There are other musical moments on here that follow that same questionable path to a less egregious degree, but the good news is that most of the songs on here are really good, and there are at least six or seven songs on here that are just classic. I love Carolina Drama, for instance, and Top Yourself, and You Don't Understand Me, and Salute Your Solution, and Attention, and Rich Kid Blues...

So thanks to you guys and this thread, I got all into the CD , then I heard they were playing this week, so I went on craigslist and got face-value tickets with about five minutes of effort today. I love that site.

This sunday's show will be the third time I've seen this guy. Loved the first two times, can't wait for the third. AND I'm going to see Stone Temple Pilots on Saturday. This weekend is going to kick ass.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:33 pm
i had the cd on repeat for like 2 weeks.

it is now broken

*cry*
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:35 pm
Sorry to hear that. Come to New York. Forty bucks and fifteen minutes on craigslist gets you in the door!
0 Replies