counterfeit windows

baz

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 06:00 pm
my pc had crashed and i had it reinstalled by some geek who works for a company.and now i have discovered the windows software is pirate.i know
this by downloading windows update.someone has told me there is nothing i can do about it because i had allowed someone to access my pc is this true please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Heliotrope

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 12:11 am
You can go cap in hand to Microtosh and they will forgive you my son.
Simply pay the penance of money and all your sins will be wiped away.

Laughing

Really, as far as I'm aware they do do an amnesty thing where you can get a proper license key for a bit of cash. Saves you uninstalling and buying a bloody disk.
0 Replies

planetmk

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 02:59 pm
do a google search for mublinder download this and it will hide the product key from microsoft they dont need any more money
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 03:19 pm
This is a perfect time to try Linux-- Installing Ubuntu (a flavor of Linux) is even easier than installing Windows.

You simply download the CD images from the website below, then you burn them onto your own CD's. Then you pop the first one into the CD-ROM of your computer and just answer the questions.

Ubuntu Linux is ready for prime time... it is as good as Windows (and familiar to most Windows users) and best of all, it has a plethora of free software that you can install with the click of a button.

The only downside I have found are games (which some people get to work anyway) and iTunes (which Apple seems to not want on Linux).

But the ease of use, the available software, and the price (free) make this a very good choice.

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 03:28 pm
IF they reinstalled on a PC that had a legal copy of windows on it originally then you should have no problem.

Does your PC box have a sticker for your Windows OS? If it does, then you have a legal copy because you have a Certificate of Authenticity for that PC. They just installed the wrong code when they reinstalled. You should be able to call Microsoft tech support and correct the issue.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 03:45 pm
hmm 2 years later he may not have the same computer Wink
0 Replies