Shopping for a reliable vacuum cleaner

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 01:36 pm
actually that is a GREAT suggestion as I know quite a few small engine repair places like that very close to here.

I was looking for a few of them in the yellow pages and I came across a dealer for these kinds of vacuums-

http://www.paylessvacuums.com/product_p/20271348.htm

Shocked
I want one of those..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 01:37 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Shewolf--

Save all receipts--vacuum cleaner, soap, furniture polish--all receipts. Keep track of your gas mileage. If you have a business expense, the business expense is tax deductable.

Do I have to actually BE a business to do that?
as in hold a license?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 01:53 pm
If you report the income from your business, you can deduct the expenses of your business.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 04:26 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:
Shewolf--

Save all receipts--vacuum cleaner, soap, furniture polish--all receipts. Keep track of your gas mileage. If you have a business expense, the business expense is tax deductable.

Do I have to actually BE a business to do that?
as in hold a license?

You're a business. You do work and get paid.

roger or someone else in the accounting biz (Rae, I think), can give more details.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 07:09 am
I may be way off here, but can't you just put it on a credit card?

You should have a line of credit specifically for your business, kept separate from your personal finanances.

That would be my suggestion. You have to spend money to make money.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 07:31 am
I dont have a credit card.
Not even a regular one. That is why everything has to be bought for exactly what I have on hand.
Later on, i will open a small credit card just to cover small expences like this one, but for right now, it just isnt there.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 07:35 am
What about a small business loan?

Hell, I'd loan you $500 if you had a drivers's license (this isn't an offer, just tellin' ya).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 07:39 am
cjhsa wrote:
(this isn't an offer, just tellin' ya).

well damn.

hehe

I may have to go that route, a little later. But it will have to wait until I have made enough money to repay it.
The way my finances stand right now, I dont even have the extra money to make a small payment each month.

Well.. thats not COMPLETELY true.. as I have 25 to buy a used one , or 50 to get a new one, but with Jillians day care bill, I am not guaranteed next month with out extra work, to have that same amount free.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 07:51 am
this sucks
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:19 pm
>groan< Laughing

So, i bought that first vacuum FD posted.
The red dirt devil.

Good price, STRONG suction.. just.. err.. loud.

I got 3 hepa style bags with it and added attachments.
Perfect for what I need and small enough to fit in my car and easy to tote around.

I called 2 small engine repair shops and got a running 'tune up ' cost at 15 dollars.
The tune up will help with the noise, and give them a chance to check for other problems that my arise later on.

All in all, i kept it way under my 50 original allowance, and still have a few dollars left.

I think, when it comes time to buy a really good vacuum, I will go with the hoover bagless, but the next'up' model.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:48 pm
Some days happiness can be a vacuum-slightly-under-budget.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 03:08 pm
I'm glad that worked out for you. A tune up is a great idea -- it should keep it running well enough until you can save enough for a real kick-ass vacuum.

Good luck with the business, shewolf. Heck, this time next year, you may be posting a thread about how hard it is to find good employees. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:42 pm
that would be wonderful. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:43 pm
I forgot-

Thank you guys for your help!

http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000040.gif
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 06:00 pm
Happy to be of use.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 07:03 pm
Dirt Devils are good vacuums, I had one once - but the noise just
kills you. It's like having a helicopter next to you.

I have a German one now and you hardly can hear anything.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 07:55 pm
At one point vacuum cleaners were made deliberately noisy so the housewife would be impressed with the naked power of the machine.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 08:02 pm
Noddy, that's the typical way of thinking a man would come up with, isn't it?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 08:07 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Check the local goodwill stores.
This is exactly what I was going to say. Test it there. You'll be surprised at the vacume you find at thrift stores. People buy a new one and the first thing they think of is giving the old one to a good cause. You could find one for ten bucks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 08:10 pm
Calamity J--

Don't get me started on the cute little quirks of male design.

Try unloading a shopping cart at the grocery store.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 11:29:10