Mozilla Firefox Problems

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:09 am
Well, since my first problems with Mozilla, I have been using the browser, and really like it.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73451

Little by little, I have been attempting to wean myself away from IE, and use Firefox almost exclusively. This morning though, I had a couple of strange problems.

I attempted to print an E Mail thru Firefox. It came out in teeny tiny letters. When I went on IE, the same E Mail printed perfectly.

I attempted to get into one of my banking accounts. The user name and password would not "take". I knew that I had the correct user name, because I copied and pasted it from my IE page. I even logged out of IE, just to make sure that being logged on on two browsers might be the problem. I still could not get in on Firefox. Still no good.

I went into IE, and got into the account, no problem.

I had heard that there were some glitches on Firefox. Anybody have any of the weird scenarios like I have described?
[/b]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 647 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 04:49 pm
Hi Phoenix

I'm using Firefox more too - at work anyway. Nowhere near an expert though.

How does the email look in print preview? Check to see if under File-Page setup the 'shrink to fit page' option was checked - might explain it.

With the bank problem check the bank's site - they will probably state whether they support Firefox, if so, then you can work from there, and they should have recommendations for your security settings.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 05:42 am
Thanks for the info, Hingehead. I will check it out. I discovered another problem this morning. As you know, I write in bold green on A2K. I noticed that when I went through Firefox, the drop down menu looked a little different. When I configured the bold green, the information just showed up at the end , and the printing was in black.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:19 am
I went to the banking site, and sent them an E Mail describing my problem. Hingehead, you may be right. There was something in the instructions on the site that said that it supported Netscape and IE, but said nothing about Firefox. That may be the problem. I asked thim if there were any modifications to my settings that I culd make to allow me to get into the site.

I checked the "printing", and it said, "shrink to page", and I unchecked it. Strangely, when I printed an E Mail page, it came out all in code. I then noticed that on the top right, I saw "printable view", which is something that you don't see when you print E Mails from Yahoo on IE. When I switched to "printable view", the E Mail printed perfectly.
0 Replies