Shanghai workers hire surrogates to vent anger....

Reyn

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 09:03 pm
Shanghai workers hire surrogates to vent anger, abuse directed at real bosses

SHANGHAI, China (AP) - Can't stand your boss, but can't afford to quit ? Hire a stand-in to yell at instead.

A pair of Shanghainese entrepreneurs are offering themselves as targets for verbal and - within limits - physical abuse, letting frustrated office workers vent without killing their careers. Zhang Li and Chen Jun, the founders of Wantong Ltd., said their own workplace frustrations inspired them to quit their nine-to-fives and form the company in March. "I was an office worker before, so I know by experience what a big market there is for this kind of service," Zhang told The Associated Press.

For 100 yuan ($13 US) per minute the pair will listen to complaints and insults. For 20 yuan ($3) more, they'll even take a slap - but only from a female client.

Zhang said they aimed to cater to their clients' needs while avoiding too much violence. They're keeping a low profile and relying on word-of-mouth, since the law isn't clear on whether such services can be contracted out, said Zhang, who declined to identify his former employer or give other personal details.

So far, they've had five clients in their first month of business, all well-paid office workers, Zhang said.

Two wanted to insult them, one chose the slapping option and two just wanted to talk, he said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 287 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:05 pm
They should open a branch here in the US; they'll become rich fast.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:14 pm
Perhaps some smart entrpreneur will come by and franchise the idea. :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:41 pm
damn giood idea, if I say so myself! Wink
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:48 am
When I first started reading this, I thought they were hiring surrogates to beat up their lousy bosses.

Actually, I rather like both ideas.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Shanghai workers hire surrogates to vent anger....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:22:35