Defibrillator salesman helps save heart attack victim

Reyn

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 12:48 am
If this fellow was going to have a heart attack, it was his "lucky day" then that these people were around.

Defibrillator salesman helps save heart attack victim

ST. PETERS, Mo. - A driver who suffered a heart attack and crashed into a guardrail was saved by a defibrillator salesman and two nurses who happened to be passing by.

The salesman, Steve Earle, was transporting an automated external defibrillator, a device used to shock the heart into a normal rhythm.

"When I saw what was happening, I jumped out and instinctively grabbed the AED, just in case," Earle told KSDK-TV of St. Louis.

Two nurses who also stopped when they saw the wreck Friday evening began performing CPR on the driver, Carolyn Holt. The defibrillator restored her pulse, and Holt was recovering in a hospital this week.

"Two RNs, a man that was able to get her out of the vehicle, the man with the AED - that just doesn't happen," said Mary Blome, one of the nurses.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 368 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 12:30 pm
Did you know, that if you begin CPR or AED on a person that you cannot stop until a paramedic or someone else trained in CPR/AED takes over for you? Not unless you drop of exhaustion. Otherwise the good samaritan law is null and void. You could be sued for the death of the person you are trying to save, if you get tired and stop.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 02:54 pm
Your beak is growing...... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:24 pm
It's true. Known as the Seinfeld law, it was passed the week after the final episode of the show aired.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:11 am
Reyn wrote:
Your beak is growing...... :wink:

Oh I kid you not. I was AED trained last year (mainly because I like the idea of zapping people) but when I was told by the instructor that we had to continue until we dropped I was less than enthusiastic.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:18 am
Hopefully, this is a law peculiar to your country only.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Defibrillator salesman helps save heart attack victim
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:24:36